Chapter 12

"Once you look up to someone, you can't overtake them." 
    Kise Ryota

The Empress | Chapter 12

"Game set, won by Shiraishi - Kirihara 6-4"

"Yeah! We beat the 3rd court!"

"...oh wow, that was unexpected."

"You haven't changed a bit Yamato-Buchou."

"...You've certainly become quite distinguished, Tezuka-kun."

"The 3rd match, singles 2, he flows just like the rivers do, Yamato Yudai. Facing, the pride of the middle school tennis world, Tezuka Kunimitsu." 

It was official.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

The young beauty didn't come back to the camp until the next morning. She had gone to FREI Corp's ice rank and had been practicing for her upcoming competition. Lately, she had a difficult time going to sleep so she decided that would be the best course of action. But because she hasn't told Haru that, the girl knew her butler will give her an earful when she stepped through the doors. Except, once again, he seems to be missing. 

With a frown, she left her empty room.

After a few minutes of looking around, there was shouting and the familiar sound of tennis balls. Following the source of the sounds, the girl walked towards the tennis courts. Only, once she arrived at her destination, she was met with a very bright light that came from one of the players in court. Shielding from it with her arms, she only brought her arms down when she deemed it was safe for her eyes to adjust.

"You've also... achieved The Pinnacle of Perfection?!" Atobe exclaimed in surprise.

Fuyuki stared at the vision in front of her. Tezuka Kunimitsu opened the final door of Muga no Kyochi. Ryoma's papa and her step-uncle, Echizen Nanjiro, once told her that everyone is in The Pinnacle of Perfection the very first time they play tennis, but they lose it when they become too preoccupied with thoughts of winning and losing. It can be regained only when they forsake the outcome of the match and is simply having fun playing tennis again.

But you never had it, did you?

It hurts.

Her eyes hurt.

Everyone seems to be shocked by Tezuka's transformation. However, among them all, one was more stunned than others. Fuji's eyes opened wide. The only other players to unlock The Pinnacle of Perfection are Echizen Ryoma and Yukimura Seiichi.

"Ga-game and match... Tezuka. Six games to four!"

Pulsing her lips, she faced away from the victor. Tezuka Kunimitsu. The one Ryoma admires. The only one Ryoma lost toexcluding Tokugawa. 

Suddenly, the beauty saw a jerky movement from where she stood.

"You've really broken though... Tezuka-kun." Shiraishi smiled.

'That man really has no limiter at all.'

"...I must catch up... definitely, I must!" Kite was burning with determination. His eyes on Tezuka as said male shook hands with Seigaku's former captain.

When Tezuka tried to make an exit, Atobe blocked his path. "You want to go to Germany, ahn?" The bystanders looked uneasy for a bit until "Go and become professional already." Atobe continued with a smirk, "I'll catch up to you." The captain of Seigaku remained still, "No need to say anything, Tezuka." The self-proclaimed king gestured towards the players behind him with his arms open, "Leave this team in my magnificent hands."