Chapter 6

"I am the shadow to your light." 
Kuroko Tetsuya

The Empress | Chapter 6

Once Fuyuki was settled in—thanks to the head coach—she changed her outfit for the day. Haru always helped with what she should wear, it was routine as she could be quite clueless on these sort of mundane things. The butler picked out a simple white long-sleeved off-the-shoulder top and a short but high-waisted black skirt that began just under her bust. Although the butler still looks embarrassed dressing her, she didn't say anything. She looked in the mirror to see the skirt was designed to loop over her shoulder for better support and style. With a simple black choker, the butler decided on her trademark thigh-high stocking and black high-heels. He had left her long hair down and there was a slight curl to the ends.

 He had left her long hair down and there was a slight curl to the ends

(Above is her outfit. Again, Fuyuki does not look like this.)

Once the butler was satisfied, Fuyuki immediately headed towards the isolated courts. She was pleased that she didn't run into any of the tennis players; they were all busy with practice and/or watching the matches.

The beauty admired the open space for a moment. Under the clear, sunny sky, the trees swayed with the wind. The whole camp was surrounded by beautiful nature. It was rather exquisite. It was peaceful.

Maybe it was the right decision to invest here, she thought just for a moment.

But in reality, she knew the scenery does not matter. The sole reason for her presence is for her beloved prodigy. Anything else did not matter.

Not the fact that there were many strong, passionate players here.

Not the fact that he may be coming here.

None of it mattered. As long as she can remain by Ryoma's side and watch over his growth.

Lying on the open court, the beauty gazed up to the cloudless sky. The girl felt almost nostalgic. So much so that subconsciously, she started humming softly.

You can be the greatest
You can be the best
You can be the King Kong banging on your chest

Those foreign words seem to flow from her lips before she could stop.

You can beat the world
You can beat the war

Unwanted memories flashed her mind despite her attempt to block them.

***[Flashback - Start]***

"Fuyuki if I were to disappear, would you cry for me?"