Chapter 14

"No one believes in love at first sight until that special person comes along and steals your heart."
—Unknown

The Empress | Chapter 14

Krauser watched her relaxed features. With her eyes closed, he could truly see exactly how long her thick eyelashes were. Her small nose moved with every breath she took and her glossed pink lips were ever so slightly parted. She looked so different from usual. The blond foreigner had seen her many times, never in-person before this camp, but it left an impression on him. Her tennis style was dangerous, to say the least, and he knows better than to get too close, but he also knew deep down it's impossible to not want to know her. Especially when she's so close to him.

Meanwhile, Fuyuki laid on Tezuka's lap for what seems like forever. She was wide awake but she pretended to be sleeping. It took her a long ten-minutes nap—she peeked at the clock when no one was looking at her—to realize exactly who she mistook Ryoma for this time. Usually, any close contact with others disgusts her-

Liar.

-but for some reason, she didn't mind being in the arms of the Seigaku captain. Still, it was sloppy and uncharacteristic of her. 

This was one of the many reasons Fuyuki avoided that cursed drink. Not that she was old enough to drink in Japan. But let's just say this isn't the first time she had an alcoholic beverage.

"Tezuka, are your arms tired?" 

The beauty didn't need to open her eyes to know it was Fuji.

"Ore-sama can take her off your hands, ahn."

And that was definitely Atobe.

The Seigaku captain was quiet for a while and Fuyuki wondered what he was thinking for a brief second before faking a moan to indicate she's waking up. She didn't want to be passed around like a baton. But when she flickered her eyes open, she immediately closed it; the lights were bright. Taking a moment, she rubbed one of her eyes with the back of her hand to pretend like she was trying to get rid of the sleepiness. 

Yukimura smiled gently at her when their eyes met. She didn't respond, but she looked towards Haru, who looked like he was conflicted. If her impression of the butler was correct, the male didn't know whether to wake the beauty from her rest by taking her away from Tezuka's armsince it clearly bothered himor allow her to sleep in peace while he admired her sleeping face.

Fuyuki turned her head back to look at Tezuka. She nodded thankfully then stood up and walked to the exit.

The doors shut after her softly.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

She fell on her bed face first.

Looks like her plan to learn more about the Tezuka Kunimitsu failed due to her carelessness.

There is always next time, she reminded herself. Though, she knew she wouldn't see the boy until much later. Perhaps not until nationals.

Her gaze landed on her red cased phone. Stretching her arm, she grabbed the device and pressed her thumb against the fingerprint scanner. Once it was unlocked, she saw many new messages. Most for business-related topics but one personal text, which caught her eyes.

I forgot to mention Seirin has a match against Rakuzan Saturday. I would like to formally invite you. I apologize for the late notice. Of course, it is alright if you happen to be busy that day.