Chapter 21

"It was love-at-first-sight~! ♡"
Smith Louis

The Empress | Chapter 21

"Eh~ No one came to greet us. What do we do now?" A certain gray-haired male pouted.

"Shut up, Louis." The blond responded in annoyance. Usually, it wouldn't have bothered him. Except, it was the third time the childish male asked the same question.

If possible, the male's pout grew bigger.

"That's enough." The crimson-haired male glanced at his team before looking forward, "Let's keep walking. We should run into someone soon enough."

Thus, the group decided to wander around until they come across a kind stranger that may offer them help.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

The court members were practicing amongst themselves while they were being observed from the monitoring room.

"Each court is getting better." Saito stated, hands inside his white coat while his eyes stared at the screen, "Perhaps they've been inspired by the middle-schoolers. The high-schoolers have been full of spirit, as well. Especially since the losers returned."

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

"Try harder!" Sanada yelled.

Hiyoshi nodded, "Soon we'll overthrow Court 1!" 

"Just thinking about it is getting me excited!" Toyama slammed a shot, "Right, Koshimae?"

"If you're just thinking about it, mada mada dane."

-  

"The effects of including middle-schoolers in this training camp exceeded our expectations," Saito said as he looked over the monitors.

"Don't be so sure." Kurobe's fingers intertwined together, "They should be on their way here soon."

"Finally..."

"Not even we can predict what will happen next." The head coach continued. "But..." he glanced at the four teens who already entered the camp. "What should we do with them, Frei-chan?"

The beauty remained silent and watched the crimson strands blowing in the wind.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

"Attention, players." The sound of Kurobe's voice grabbed everyone's attention, "Today's practice is now over."

"Hey, hold on! I haven't played Koshimae yet!" Toyama protested.

Ignoring the freshman's protest, Kurobe continued, "Please gather on the main court for an announcement."

"An announcement?" Momoshiro repeated.

Once everyone was gathering, the 'main' coach began. "Tomorrow morning, we will announce the 20 athletes out of these 146, who have been selected for strengthening."

Tokugawa's eyes widen in surprise but Tanegashima and Kanata predicted as much.

"Selected for strengthening?" Kirihara repeated.