Chapter 14

When they got home they heard yelling.

"Get your little ass up them stairs right now you heard your dad your grounded." Haley shouted.

"Im grounded for blowing up a car on the anniversary of the day my mom left but when Hope and Bella cause a fire in a school of 200+ people they get to party" Skylar said." Just leave me alone"

Elena and Kol walked. They seen Haley holding Sapphire trying to get her back to sleep and arguing with Skylar" Im sorry i care acting up isnt going to solve your problems" Haley said.

"Im sorry im such a disappointment to you Haley" Skylar said.

"ENOUGH" Elena shouted.

"Elena" Haley asked.

Elena nodded." Hi"

Kol walked over to Haley and took Sapphire."I got her." He took het to the nursery he set up.

"Isabella Sean and Hope get downhere" Elena shouted. The three vamped downstairs.

"Mom" Isabella asked

"Hey issy" Bella wrapped her arms around Elena and gave her a hug."I missed you"  She let go and went and stood by hope.

"I missed you to i missed all of you" Elena said she gave each one of them a hug but Skylar who didn't want to be near her.

"Apparently not it only took you a year to come back" Skylar spat.

" Let me cut to the Chase all 4 of you are  Grounded" Elena said.

"What" Isabella whinned.

"What did y'all do" Haley asked.

"Bella your grounded for the boyfriend you didnt tell anyone about Hope your grounded for helping her keep it a secret Sean your grounded for beating up her new boyfriend Skylar your grounded for the  next  month for being disrespectful to your sister and brother to your father to your aunts and uncles to your cousin's and to me" Elena said

"Whatever does it look like i really care" Skylar said,

"You three are dismissed. Haley you can go to sleep if you want i have to talk some sense into her" Elena said.

"Good luck" Haley said.

They went upstairs leaving Skylar and Elena alone."What do you want now"

"I know i left and it was hard for you but i had my reasons for leaving i didn't want to go but i couldn't come back i never meant to hurt you"  Elena said.

"You don't mean to do a lot of things but you do. And i hate it thats not fair. You left us. Because you couldn't handle it. You left your two daughters, You left your son you left dad you left your family and thats on you" Skylar said.

"Your not about to sit here and disrespect me. I told them we were in it together and they died. I didn't know how to come back but i am still your mother what were you doing outside that house why'd you come instead of getting help if you knew where we were" Elena asked.

Skylar froze."I wanted to save y'all i didn't want to get help. I went back an hour later and seen them dead. So what i wanted to be the hero"

"Like me you can't save everyone. Your blaming yourself i know you are. I lost a baby that dad and my two best friends i didn't know how i was supposed to come back and face everyone i couldn't do it so i didn't come back. Your a lot like me i know your scared that i'm going to leave again but i'm not going anywhere i am here to stay cause you are my daughter and i love you and this is my family no one else is dying on my watch" Elena said.

Tears escaped Sky's eyes."You promise that your not going to leave again"

"I'm not going anywhere i'm sorry Sky" Elena said.

Skylar wrapped her arms around her mom."I couldn't take it"

Elena slowly rubbed her daughters back and embraced the hug."Hey even the strongest one's break sometimes "

"I really missed you mom" Sky teared.

"I missed you to" Elena said."You know your still grounded right"

"I know after all i did blow up a car" Sky said,

"Go get ready for bed ok will talk about your punishment in the morning when you apologize to everyone for your behavior" Elena said.

"Bella deserved it" Sky mumbled she ran upstairs to her room.

"You handled that well" Elena turned and seen Kol standing by the stairs.

"It's hard not to she's a mini me. She acts just like me down to the why she's mad thing"  Elena said.

"Are you ok" Kol asked.

"She made a good point i could have came back i choose not two. She's scared that i am going to eave again and not come back and i don't blame her she deserved to feel that way" Elena said,

"But your back now" Kol said.

"How are you so positive right now i feel so guilty" Elena said.

He walked up to her and took her hand."Cause i know you i've known you 18 years. I know that you have been through a lot. I know that you've lost a lot of people and that you've been hurt a lot. I know that you always have good intentions because you are a great person. And that you always see the best in everyone no matter what. Sometimes people just need there space."

"I hate that your being so nice to me right now" Elena said.

"I remember how you were when we almost lost Skylar you were almost broken. You wanted to do everything that you could to make sure that she was safe i know that your sad that you lost one of them" Kol said.

"I am" Elena said. A tear slipping down her face.

"It's alright you have to work through this at your own pace just know that i am always going to be here for you no matter what"

Elena nodded. She wrapped her free arm around hs neck and leaned in and kissed him. She was happy to have him here.

(Can someone please comment should i continue or should i end it here and just do a epilouge)