Chapter 7- A confession?!

"You have no idea how worried I was," Iruka said, holding Ellie tight. "I-I'm okay Iruka... Don't worry," Ellie said weakly. Iruka looked down at her from their hug like he didn't believe her. "You used all your energy to help everyone else. I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt," Iruka said, half scolding half upset. "I-I wanted to m-make sure Naruto was safe..." Ellie said softly. Iruka looked down at her curiously. "he's your family..." Ellie added. Iruka teared up a little and hugged Ellie super tight. "I know he's important to you. And because I care about you I wanted to help," Ellie said.

"But why help the enemy?" Iruka asked, scolding. "He was going to die. Besides ... The sand is our ally and they got double crossed anyway ..." Ellie said. "Plus Naruto said please help Gaara because he's like me," she added. Iruka got a little teary eyed and hugged her tight again.

"Can I be honest with you Ellie?", Iruka asked. Ellie nodded in response. "I got extra worried because... Because I have feelings for you..." Iruka said shyly, blushing quite a bit. This took Ellie by surprise. "Y-you like me back?" Ellie said then realizing she messed up what she wanted to say. "I've liked you since you came through the village gates," Iruka confessed. "And I liked you since I saw you at the hospital," Ellie confessed in return. The two were blushing heavily but smiling at one another. "The kids are going to make fun of us," Ellie said with a laugh. "Let them," Iruka said then taking Ellie's hands in his.

"Ellie, will you be mine?" Iruka asked, suddenly very confident. "Of course," Ellie said shyly. Iruka kissed Ellie's lips softly and suddenly. He cupped her cheeks and she began to kiss back. The two parted after sometime panting slightly. "You have no idea how hard it was not to say anything," Iruka said, looking into Ellie's eyes. Ellie nervously giggled. The two decided to walk back to their respective homes to see the damage. Luckily their side of the village didn't get hit. Iruka gave Ellie a warm kiss on her lips goodnight. "Goodnight," Iruka said sweetly. ,"Goodnight," Ellie said cutely, before going into her house. Iruka waited until her door was shut to go into his house. He had the biggest smile on his face. Iruka jumped into his bed and cheered like a little kid. Ellie stood against the door frame with red cheeks and a fast beating heart. "He's so dreamy," Ellie thought.