Chapter six: Chunin exams

AN: timeskip to the chunin exam final rounds when they're fighting in the outdoor arena.

Today was the day of the chunin exam finals. Ellie was going with Iruka to watch the students fight. They were especially excited to see how naruto progressed. Ellie was dressed like this and Iruka was just in his chunin clothes.

When Iruka laid eyes on Ellie he was speechless

When Iruka laid eyes on Ellie he was speechless. "W-wow Ellie y-you l-look great," Iruka stuttered. "As do you Iruka," Ellie said shyly but honest. It made Iruka blush. The two walked in a comfortable silence and got to the arena.

They watched Naruto's match (which was first) and we're so proud of Naruto. They cheered loudly for him that he noticed and gave a thumbs up. The next match was Sasuke and Gaara but it got delayed because Sasuke still hadn't arrived yet. All the other matches went by pretty quickly and finally Sasuke showed up with Kakashi to fight Gaara. And that's when it all went down hill.

Their fight was interrupted by a coup from the sound village and sand village. A war had just started. The two chunin didn't fall into the genjutsu and were trying to safely evacuate everyone. All the people present were hiding inside the hokage monument. There was worried chatter everywhere amongst the group. Iruka was worried where Naruto was and Ellie tried her best to calm him. "He's okay I can sense it. Just trust me okay?" Ellie said softly. Iruka smiled a little and hugged her tight. He didn't care that his new students saw. Once things were slowing down, Ellie took the initiative to volunteer as a medical ninja. "Be careful okay?" Iruka said worriedly. "I promise," Ellie said then running off. Iruka slid down on his bottom and sat with his newest students Konohamaru and Moegi.

Ellie had been running and healing people for some time and she finally found Naruto. He unfortunately was fighting Gaara. He won but then he was about to pass out. Ellie used her green chakra to run and catch Naruto as he was falling. She spoke to the sand siblings and told them to pick up Sasuke and Gaara and follow her to the hospital, to which they complied. Ellie was helping heal Gaara with her green chakra, because she was one of the only people able to penetrate Shukaku's barrier in order to save Gaara, so the other nurses took care of Sasuke and Naruto.

Ellie had passed out and was asleep laying in a chair and laying with her head on the bed Gaara was sleeping on. She was interrupted by someone shaking her. She slowly came to it and saw it was Iruka. "I'm so glad you're okay," Iruka said, with a lump on his throat. Ellie weakly got up and smiled at him, which made Iruka hug her tight and hold her. ,
"You have no idea how worried I was," Iruka said choked up.

To be continued...