Chapter 4: Does he like me?

Ellie and Iruka walked back to the academy. They were going to go teach the class. They walked into the class with all the kids misbehaving with their sub. (The one that did the tuning exam written test) Naruto and Sasuke were fighting and the girls were all cheering for Sasuke. Ellie used her green lightning to fly forward and she zapped Naruto and Sasuke. The cheering stopped and the room was quiet. "You can't behave when I'm gone for a few hours?! I'm so disappointed," Iruka scolded the class harshly. Ellie never saw this side of Iruka; she didn't know he could be this firm and it was kind of hot. The kids all got back into their seats and the two chunin went back to the front of the class.

"Class this is my new assistant teacher Ellie Watanabe. She is also a sensei be kind to her," Iruka said kindly. Ellie bowed and smiled at the young ninja. "Pleasure to meet you all," Ellie said shyly. Class began after this. Ellie wrote on the board for Iruka. They were doing a demo for the shadow clone jutsu today and Ellie was helping Naruto for the day. There were lots of whispers saying how pretty Ellie was from the boys and the girls were in awe because she was pretty and strong.

Hours went by and class was over for the day. Naruto gave Ellie a hug and Iruka nearly slapped him into next Tuesday. "You don't hug a girl without asking Naruto," Iruka scolded. "I was just grateful .. i-I'm sorry sensei," Naruto stammered. Ellie smiled at him and said "...it's okay Naruto,". Shortly after he left the room and the two chunin were at the desk grading papers.

"Naruto wasn't going to hurt me Iruka," Ellie said randomly. "it's not a good habit because you're a girl and his sensei. That's out of line," Iruka said, his cheeks getting a little red. "Thank you for always thinking of me Iruka," Ellie said sweetly, making Iruka blush. "O-of course. I want you to be safe," Iruka said weakly. This made Ellie laugh a little and Iruka put his hand on the rest of his neck awkwardly. The two went back to grading papers for about an hour more before leaving thee school for the day. Iruka walked Ellie home and they parted ways. Ellie went into her house and laid on her bed.

"Does Iruka like me, or is she just protective?" Ellie wondered aloud. "He probably is just protective ... I mean ... Who'd be jealous of Naruto? ..." Ellie thought. "Do I like Iruka... Oh God I do... This is going to be tough," Ellie mentally scolded herself. Little did she know Iruka was having the same mental argument in his bed too.