Part 5, Chapter 23- Bellatrix LeStrange

Start from the beginning

She also told me that you're top of your class, nearly every year. I was never good at school so I'm shocked that you are. Your room is beautiful here. Cissy is letting me stay in it, I guess I'll have to move out of it when you get back home. You're graduating from Hogwarts this year. For some reason that's crazy to me.

The Dark Lord speaks highly of you, of the power that you've demonstrated recently. Using the stunning charm at school with perfect accuracy and strength, using the Cruciatus curse over Christmas, not once, but twice! I am so proud of you. And for stepping up and doing what is right, joining the right side of the fight. They raised you the way I wanted you raised. A powerful pure-blood witch.

I'll be home when you're on Easter holidays, you should come home so I can see you, we can all sit down and talk. You, me, and your father. He's here too, staying in a spare room. We've got much to catch up on. Please write to me. I want to meet you.

Your mother.

I read it out loud so that George doesn't have to read it. Once I finish I fold it back up and put it in the pocket of my robes.

"So are you... are you going to go home? For Easter?" George asks me.

I pick up my bag and brush the snow off of it, "I think I have too, don't I?"

'You don't have to do anything of the sort if you don't want to." George says to me.

I nod a few times, "Yeah I know that." I snap. George looks a bit offended and I mumble an apology before I continue talking, "I haven't actually met my parents. Yeah I know I spent two years with them but they were busy with a war! I can't even remember what my father looks like and the only reason I know what my mother looks like is because her face is plastered all over my aunt and uncle's house."

George doesn't say anything, he lets me rant. "And I just. She's out now, they're both out! I should be happy, interested, relieved! That they are out and free... well as free as you can be with the entire ministry after you. But I'm not, I feel no things! I feel weird with everyone staring at me now, and I'm going to fee weird in all my classes because people are going to think I know something! I mean I do know where she is hiding out and everything. I can't believe my Aunt has her in my room! The Manor is massive, there's like twenty fully furnished empty bedrooms!" I don't even think I'm making sense anymore but George just stands there and nods along with me not bothering to say anything.

I stop about ten minutes later, red in the face. "Feel better?" George asks me.

"Not in the slightest." I kiss him on the cheek, "Come on then, we're going to be late for Charms." I reach my hand out to his and he intertwines his fingers with mine. He brings my hand up to his mouth and kisses my knuckles.

As we walk through the corridors I can feel every single person staring at me. "The hell are you looking at?" George snaps at a few third years. They run off in the opposite direction.

"George please... don't draw more attention to me," I say.

George looks at me, "Just because your mother and father are awful people doesn't mean that you get to be treated like shit!"

I pull my hand out of George's grip and wrap my arms around myself, "Don't, don't talk about my parents to me George. Don't tell me what I do and do not deserve. I don't want to hear it right now." I pick up my pace and walk up the stairs and up to the third floor and into the Charms corridor.

"Violet! Is it true that your ugly mother got out of Azkaban? I hope she's able to shower before you see her again." Some sixth year Gryffindor calls at me in the corridor.

In an instant, my wand is in my hand and I've got the student pressed up against the wall, my wand pressed right under the kid's jawbone. "You want to say that shit again? Not so fucking smart now are you?" I sneer, "Go on, say it again."

George comes up behind me and pulls me off of the kid. "Violet don't." He says sternly. I step back from the student and start to walk away from him.

"Like mother like daughter eh George! Got yourself a rabid dog!" The student calls.

That does it. I spin around and punch the kid square in the nose as hard as I possibly can. The boy's head bounces off the wall behind him and he falls to the ground, his nose spewing blood all over the floor.

"Miss LeStrange!" Umbridge's high pitched voice rings through the halls, "Detention! For the whole week! You too Mister Weasley, I thought that banning you from quidditch would have done enough and now you're watching as someone beats up another student!"

I shake out my hand, my knuckles busted wide open, "See you in your office after dinner then I suppose Professor?" I spit before turning around and walking away from the Charms classroom.

"Violet, we've got class," George calls after me.

I don't bother to turn around when I respond, "I'm sick."