Chapter - 26

Anna's POV-

Victor? How could he come here? Wasn't he on the board till yesterday? He talked to me and yes, he did say, we'll meet soon but isn't he taking that too seriously?

He ran to me and took me in his arms. It's been a year that we saw each other.

We became friends when they were our neighbors. His dad got to move because of his job but we stayed in touch. They were still in the same city, so we used to play together but in middle-high school, Victor went to live with his uncle and we got next to none chance to see each other. But still, our friendship didn't get affected by it.

He is still my safe place. One time I remember, it was just 5 months of my parent's death, my uncle-aunt came to live with me, that day aunt pushed me because I wanted my teddy bear which Rita has taken from my room, without my permission. But Aunt didn't listen to me and pushed me, at the same time Victor entered the house and saw everything.

He literally twisted Rita's hand and take away the teddy. He was so angry that he told my Aunt to not behave like these all things are yours. You are just working for her.

I didn't like it back then so I scolded Victor but even after insulting him, he didn't leave me. He just frowned. And now I understand how correct he was back then.

Xavier is the same as him. They both saw what I didn't in my family. They both have an understanding of what is wrong and what is right.

"You know what I feel, I think you should just go and have a serious conversation. You both have lots of things uncleared." He said.

"What should I say to him? And what will he tell me? We really have nothing to talk about. Tomorrow I will just pretend that I saw nothing." I said with a sigh.

"You are making it hard for him to fill this gap between you two. You think pretending that nothing happened will make everything okay." He said frustrated and then continued.

"It will make you angry at him, you will be conscious around him, you will not trust him, you will get irritated and think how much he could take of your shit. In the end, you will loose who, I think cares for you as much as I do. That says a lot." He said in defeat.

"Nothing like that will happen. I am not that immature to take out my anger on him." I said.

"Let's see." He said.

"It's almost dark. Let's go." I said.

"Hmmm. I will take you home. I heard my stupid brother is in the hospital." He said while getting up.

Actually, I didn't tell him about that part. He didn't know that his brother is in that condition because of Xavier. I told him that Xavier beat up a guy because he was planning to do something bad to me. I didn't go into detail.

"Yes. I heard that too. Let's go fast." I tried to change the topic. I don't usually lie to him.

We reached home. He left after seeing me enter the door. He always does that. He has been overprotective over me since we were in school years ago.

I saw all four of my family were sitting on the dining table and having a good time. It's been long since I saw them all eat together.

I already had so much in the Cafè that I didn't bother them. I went up directly to my room.

I got ready for the bed and just lay down on the bed. I thought about what Victor told me.

Should I really just tell him how I felt when I saw them together? Or ask him how he feels... But he feels nothing romantic about me. It will be so embarrassing if he said he just thinks of me as a friend.