Chapter- 15

Xavier's POV-

She kissed me. Why did she? Was it because she is thankful? But she thanked me many times. Well, I don't mind this way of thinking.

I should stop having these nonsense thoughts. She is my friend.

I was having all kinds of thoughts. I laid down on my bed. Looking at the ceiling. My mind was filled with her thoughts.

I don't remember when I slept, but when I woke up I was already late for school.

David already left for school. As fast as I could, I reached school.

I was very eager to see Anna again. I entered the corridor. There were not many students.

I walked to my locker, but the extra books there and then went to look for Anna.

She must be near her locker.

As I reached near her locker when I heard her laughing. She must be with Kate. It made me irritated.

She is always around Anna.

When I looked for her, that made me even madder.

She is not with Kate. She is laughing with some guys.

That made me go crazy.

Why is she talking to some random guys? I mean I don't mind her talking to guys. But why is she laughing so much? Doesn't she know that she looks pretty when she laughs? How can she look so beautiful in front of other guys?

I marched over them. One of the guys took Anna's hand in his. That was the last straw.

I removed that boy's hand from Anna's and twisted it. He started shouting like a kid. I didn't even start yet.

"Watch where you put your hand. Otherwise, it can get broken." I said to the guy and pushed him away from Anna.

"What the hell. Who are you to tell me, who I can touch, or who not?" The boy argued with me.

That boy suddenly attacked me. I was already on alert so I dodged it. But he was not that lucky.

At first, I thought to let the guy go, but he started it. So have to finish this. I took him by his collar and slammed him to the lockers behind him.

"Xavier, are you out of your mind? You can't hit anyone you want." Anna tried to pull me away from the guy. I'm so angry right now that I can easily send this guy to the hospital for a week.

I let the guy go and took her hand in mine. I pushed her softly to the wall near me. I looked deep in her eyes. I got very angry, but I can't show her that. She might get scared of me. I closed my eyes and put my head on her.

"You promised, you will not fight. What is this then?" Anna asked.

"You make me go crazy. I'm not letting you talk to these guys anymore. I know I promised that I'll behave, but I can't see you talk and laugh with them." I said.

"They are our juniors, the maths teacher told them to come and take notes from me." She replied. I had the feeling she wanted to say more so I keep quiet.

"Why you are so possessive over me? Friends don't behave like that, you know." She asked, hesitant.

"I'm not possessive," I replied.

"Yeah, we all can see that, how much you are not." David said sarcastically. He and Kate were standing behind us. Then I saw how, everyone in the corridor, staring at us.

Anna turned red.

"I just don't want her to get involved with the wrong guys. I'll find a good one for you." I said without thinking.

Why I'm talking as a father to her daughter? I would never introduce her to any boy at all. What bullshit I'm saying right now.

I get away from her and started walking ahead of them as no fishy thing happened here. I was too embarrassed to look at her right now.

***********

By the time of lunch, the whole school found out the morning's incident. As we four entered the canteen, all the whispers stopped.

It made Anna uncomfortable, I can see that.

Did I make another mistake? Why can't I control my emotions when it comes to you?

I told David and Kate, that I'm taking her out of here. I took Anna's hand and walked out of that damn place.

Why can't people mind their own business?

We went to our secret hideout. We ate our sandwiches quietly. We didn't talk at all. I opened the water bottle for her and handed over to her.

Is she mad about this morning? Why is she not yelling at me? If she wants to beat me, then do ahead. I won't mind.

"It's very calm here." She said this, out of the blue.

"You could come any time you feel low, or need to think about something," I said.

"Hmm. Just like today." She said. Looking at her hands.

"Are you mad at me? Do you want to beat me? You can, I will not try to avoid it. I'm sorry. Do you want me to go from here?" I asked. I was hurt because I don't want her to be mad at me.

I asked facing the other side. I don't want her to see me this vulnerable.

"I'm feeling calm here because you are here." She said very softly. I barely heard that. Then she put her head on my shoulder.

Does she realize, what she does to me and my heart? With all these heartwarming words, that she says and the gestures like this, is enough to make me behave crazily. This girl will kill me with her sweetness.

She took out her earphones and put one in her ear and gave me the other one. We hear the song 'It girl/It boy' by Jason Chen and Megan Nicole.

This song, maybe it suits us. She really is the 'It Girl' for me.

We stayed there until lunch was over.

************

The school was over, we all were going towards the parking lot. Then Kate suddenly said to Anna. "Be ready at 5. I'll be at your place on time."

"Where are you two going?" Asked David.

"Shopping." Both girls shouted and laughed. It was so girlish.

"Why are you both behaving like girls," I asked. It's not normal. They behave differently, these days.

"To remind you Xav. We are girls." Kate replied to me. Anna was laughing at me. I frowned upon them.

"Don't call me Xav. I don't like it." I told Kate but obviously, she didn't care.

"Ok, Xav. I will not call you Xav. Then what should I call you Xav? What about Xavy? It's cool. Right, Xav?" Kate was literally shouting, standing there. All the students were looking at us. Anna was holding her stomach because of continuous laughing.

At least Kate's stupid actions are making my girl laugh.

I smiled looking at Anna.

Wait, did I say my girl? Get a hold on yourself Xav. You can't lose control of your emotions. She thinks of you as a friend.

I took deep breaths. We all headed to our homes.

***********
Hello, lovelies.

Hope you enjoyed it.