Chapter- 24

Anna's POV-

The whole day went like that hearing whispers. It was the last class. After that, I asked David where is Xavier and what he is hiding from me?

"It's nothing sweetpea. He is just busy with his dad." David replied.

"Yes. That's what he told me too." Kate interrupted.

"Okay. If you say so." I couldn't ask anything else.

"I am going to the washroom. You can go and wait outside." I informed Kate.

It is so confusing. I was sure that they ate hiding something but why the hell they will lie to me.

In the washroom, I heard some girls talking.
I don't think that they knew me was there.

"Marcus is in the hospital after that." One of the girls said.

"Did Xavier really beat him for that girl?" Some both girls asked.

Xavier fought with Marcus and that too for a girl? Who could that be? And why?

"They said that Marcus was bleeding too much. Should we go and check up on him?" The first girl asked.

"Why should we? That guy bet on sleeping with Anna. I don't know her that much but how could he do that." The second girl said.

They were talking about me. Xavier beat Marcus because of me? Marcus made a bet on me? How could he?

My mind stopped working.

"Xavier did that for her. He must be in love with her." The second girl said.

That's enough. I got out of the stall I was in. I have to talk to both of them.

First I had to talk to Marcus. I went into the parking lot. David and Kate were still waiting for me. I went up to them.

"Why did you both lied to me? You should have told. This is a matter which is related to me. Xavier promised me that he will never fight again but he broke that promise. Again." I shouted.

"But Anna what he did, he did it for you." Kate said.

"Yeah, really. Like I will believe that. He did that because he is very aggressive and violent." I retort.

"No. He didn't do it because of his aggression. But because of his possessiveness. He believes that you two belong together. I thought you understand him. So without hearing his side you are going to just accuse him." David said. He was angry and I know it's on me.

"Remember Anna. You misunderstood him the time he saved me. Now you are doing this again." Kate argued.

Yes. That's true. He would never break his promise without any reason. He heard about that bet. How could I be so judgmental?

"I need to talk to Xavier." I told David.

"You can't. He is with my uncle." David replied.

I kept silent for a while, thinking about something.

"Okay, then I will go and see that jerk in the hospital. I need to teach him a lesson. I will see you guys tomorrow." With that, I left first.

*************

I entered Marcus's hospital room. He was laying and playing on his phone.

By looking at him right now, I don't think he got beaten bad enough. He was clearly enjoying his stay here.

Marcus noticed me entering his room. His face left all colors.

"I heard you got beaten up to a pulp. How did this happen? Who did this to you?" I pretended to not know anything.