Chapter - 25

Anna's POV-

As I reached home my phone started ringing. I looked at it. It was Xavier. I had no courage to talk to him right now. So I ignored it. When it started ringing the fourth time I decided to turn it off.

I lay down on my bed. Looking blankly at the ceiling. My mind still didn't come around the fact that Xavier had someone else in his arms.

It can be a misunderstanding. Right? But what kind of misunderstanding? It was clearly in front of my eyes.

Maybe it was a mistake. He didn't mean to do it. But what kind of mistake make a guy kiss the wrong girl?

Maybe I am the wrong girl here.

Who was that girl? I never saw her around our school before.

I stood up and went to the bathroom. I splashed water on my face. Then I remembered something. It was not a mistake. It was meant to be someone else.

Because he rejected me that night already. He made sure that he don't think of us nothing more than just best friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

How could I be so foolish? How could I forget that night when he clearly rejected me. He never said that he likes me more than a friend. It's just he is more passionate about our friendship.

I should straighten up my act. I can not let my feelings come in between our friendship. We have something very beautiful and special.

So what if he doesn't feel the same way as me. So what, if it is not 'love', that we have in between us. I will still cherish this. I can not ignore his feelings. I have to control my feelings around him.

I will never stop loving him but I will never show him that. I swear on my life.

I looked in the mirror in front of me and gave myself an encouraging smile.

********

The next morning I went to look for my phone. Just as I switch it on it started ringing again. This time it was Kate. I answered it.

"Oh... So she is alive. I thought some Dragon had swallowed you." She started shouting.

"Good Morning to you too." I replied to her shouting.

"What is good about this morning? You are not here and your friend is eating my head asking for you. Where the hell have you been since yesterday? Your phone was off too. I and David literally had to hold Xavier back from going to your house. He has gone crazy, girl. So, please come to school fast and save me from this hardship." She said.

"I am not coming to school today." I told her. I waited for her reaction.

"Why are you not coming? Please, Anna. I need to talk to you about yesterday. It was not..."

"It was not like that. What I saw was a misunderstanding. Is that what you want to say? Xavier, we are best friends. You don't have to hide the person you like from me." I said completing his sentence.

I don't know why he is still lying to me? Saying that to him, tearing my heart apart. I had no control over it.

I sighed. The line went silent.

"It really is not like that." He said in a defeated voice.

"I am not feeling well. I will see you tomorrow." With that, I hung up on him.

By tomorrow I had to put myself in line.

With that thought, I went downstairs. I saw my aunt was in the kitchen. I went to her and told her to call in school that I am not going today.

She called right away. These days no one bothered me. I was glad for that. In 10 minutes, she left for the office.

I went upstairs. I was looking for some books to read. Then I noticed something, which was ignored by me for days. Today is the best day for that.

Files, which Xavier's dad gave to me.

The files hold many details about the shareholders and the company. Today I can study these. It will be a great distraction. I need a deep focus on that.

I went downstairs and make myself a coffee and some cheese sandwiches. I put them in a try and again went to my room.

I took files, my laptop, and my phone with me. I sat by the window. I put everything on the table near me with the tray of coffee and sandwiches.

I took the first file and started to study that.
It was about the shareholders of my company. They are 20 in total.

After almost two hours, I collected all information about everyone, that I could find on Google. I looked at every aspect and find something very strange.

All shareholders are very old. Almost from the start of the company, when my parents used to run it except for three shareholders.

These three are very new. They invested after my parent's death. That's not the case. The strange thing is that the entering date of these three is the same as the date on which my uncle and aunt joined the company and made me signed the company's authority documents.

It is too much for a coincidence. I looked at there background. It was unknown. There is no specific information about what they were doing before investing in our company. This information was giving me a bad feeling.

I keep it aside. I will ask about it from David or Xavier.

I took the next file. It was about the company purchase.

What will be there to study about it?

Still took that file and started studying it. It shows the purchase of goods of 5 million dollars.

5 million? Wasn't the company in loss? How could they purchase goods of such an amount? Or it is some kind of fraud they are doing under the name of my parent's company.

I looked into Google. Some articles showed up about the company. Most of them said that the company is going to announce its bankruptcy. There was an online order option. I tried to place an order to see if they are taking the orders. But it says 'Currently not taking orders'.

If the factories are not taking orders then where these materials go?

I was deep in my thoughts when I heard someone shouting in front of my house. I went downstairs to take a look. I could hear it from here too.

As I was about to open the main entrance door it opped on its own.

"Where is my Bunny." Someone shouted.

Victor.

********
Hello everyone.

The second friend is here.

Let's see what changes with this new entry in #Xavisia's love story.

Hope you liked it.

See you guys soon.