⟱𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑠⟰

𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑠

"𝐺𝐸𝑇  𝑇𝐻𝐴𝑇  𝑆𝑀𝐼𝑅𝐾  𝑂𝐹𝐹  𝑌𝑂𝑈𝑅 𝐹𝐴𝐶𝐸 𝐵𝐸𝐹𝑂𝑅𝐸 𝐼 𝑇𝐴𝐾𝐸 𝑌𝑂𝑈 𝑇𝑂 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐼 𝐴𝑁𝐷 𝑃𝑈𝑇 𝑌𝑂𝑈𝑅 𝐻𝐴𝑁𝐷 𝐼𝑁 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑀𝐸𝐴𝑇 𝑆𝐿𝐼𝐶𝐸𝑅."

𑁍✰☼︎✰𑁍

Percy had been hoping to get a break in his usual insomnia right before the quest that might kill them, (although, that was really all of them), but instead, he got a vision of a blond titan-possessed asshole and a pre-teen funeral director. On top of that, he had scared Tyson by exploding the fountain in their cabin.

So yeah, he was having a pretty shitty night.

After all was said and done, he still couldn't get a restful sleep, instead he was in what looked like a beach house of some sort. Definitely an older one, and as he was examining wicker furniture and orange-wood paneling, he was interrupted by a voice.

"What were you thinking?!" a shrill pierced through the air and he thought surely he had been caught. He tensed up, looking to a figure standing in the hallway opposite of a sliding glass door. The woman looked youngish, in the same way, his mom was, probably around her age, and was wearing what looked like a men's XXXL t-shirt that hung around her frame. She strutted right past him and he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

His eyes followed the woman to the silhouette of what looked to be a teenage girl trying to get back in through the door. He heard her curse under her breath before she turned around to face what seemed like her mother.

He felt the wind knocked out of him again as he made what he thought was eye contact with the girl. She was wearing a bright red one-piece that looked like it had been pulled straight out of baywatch and had wide brown eyes that seemed to pierce right into his soul. 

She had a line of mascara running down each cheek, but not from crying as she gave her mother a sheepish smile while pulling her wet brown locks into a mop of a bun on her head. The mother continued.

"Scratch that, you weren't thinking because no one with a brain would go out on this kind of night," she said quickly and out of breath. Percy hadn't looked outside, his eyes locking on the girl every time he looked towards the window, but the sky was dark and cloudy, and looking past to the beach, there were violent waves racing against the shore.

"I'm really sorry mom but JJ was talking about surfing the surge and-" the girl started, quickly, trying to get all the words out as if they were her last.

"So JJ was the mastermind behind this plan? Classic. Go to your room and I don't want to see you till tomorrow you hear me?" the mother continued, and his eye found a guy standing tall in the hallway opposite. A smirk hanging low on his face as the girl walked towards him. "And Alex get that smirk off your face before I take you to the deli and put your hand in the meat slicer," the woman said as she retreated, muttering under her breath about the hurricane and storm surge.

Once the woman was out of sight, the girl marched up to the taller boy and slapped his back, allowing Percy to get a better look at him. Percy assumed they were siblings, with the girl starting to hit him repeatedly. It didn't look like it hurt very much though, as the boy just laughed.

"Why the fuck do you have to be such a snitch all the time?" she said, fuming up at the boy, "You know I'm gonna beat your ass right?"

To that, the boy just laughed, "do you want me to get you a step stool to help you reach?". Percy chuckled at that one, but the girl didn't look as pleased, with cheeks puffed up like a squirrel 

"You've sunk low enough for me to reach," she said before storming back down another hallway. The last thing he saw was a branded trident on her back as the dream faded to black.

𑁍✰☼︎✰𑁍

The black turned to blue as he realized he was underwater. Looking around, it seemed he was in a spring of some sort, with clear waters and plants inhabiting the bottom. 

Brightly colored fish swam by hastily, like they were running from something. Probably a kid jumping in or something, seeing the splashing coming from his left. He only felt the same urgency as those fish when he saw the trail of red seeping into the water where the splashing was.

He propelled forward, feeling the lack of control of the water around him. The current pushing him entangled his limbs, feeling like his body was being squeezed through a tube. As the person continued being dunked in and out of the water.

They finally fell into the water, limp but awake. Blood still seeping out of their wounds. He swam closer, the current letting him go. He grabbed what looked like a girl by the shoulders and tried to see where the blood was coming from.

He froze as he saw the deep bruising under those brown eyes with the same mascara track down the cheeks. Her hair floated around them, pulling down into her face like a mop, she had a pink streak this time, or so he thought, reaching out to touch it. 

Until he followed the 'streak' down to her abdomen, where there was a gaping hole. 

He checked her over once more, trying to stop the blood from oozing out of the wound. He felt a squeeze on his arm and with what seemed like one last chilling smile from the girl, the dream faded away. 

𝐻𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑌 𝑆𝑃𝐸𝐴𝐾𝑆!!

i feel like I'm on a roll! A little bit of a shorter chapter, but honestly those last two were longer than anything I've ever written. i honestly haven't written this much since never lol. Hope y'all are having a good time! school started for me so idk if that means less updates or more cause i use this to procrastinate work lol. I'm trying to tie in some of Lexi's past and let you know how she is as a person, so lemme know what yall think!

if no one has told you today, you are loved exactly the way you are!