⟱𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒⟰

"I DON'T BELIEVE IN LOVE" Lexi whispered a few nights prior on the shingles outside her window

"I DON'T BELIEVE IN LOVE" Lexi whispered a few nights prior on the shingles outside her window. Her brown hair got stuck in her lip gloss as she said it, but she meant it with all she had. Love had never been good to her, her father was always cold, only thing resembaling love was his lust for power. He had given up, as had most people did when they got entangled in the messy binds of the Krines family. 

Her mother, Love herself, chickened out of her and her brother's birth (not that Peggy wasn't lovely, but finding out your almost entire life was a lie, not cute, even on her).

Not that she had very good taste in anything, naming her children Alex and Alex (who even does that?).

Her brother, Alex would talk about love sometimes, about all the half-siblings they had at his camp on the other side of Long Island, but all Lexi had ever known was the strict confines of the legion. And children of Venus like her? They were supposed to sit back and look pretty like her father had wanted her to do until he found out she was finally good for something other than pleasing his friends' sons.

Both her father and the legion had been in for a rude awakening when they discovered her minor (major) attitude problem.

JJ had laughed at her that night on the roof. Shaking his head and telling her sarcastically that a pretty girl like her had to believe in love. Pretty she was, but no curling iron or hairdryer could thaw the cold ache in her heart that had built up over the years. But he didn't need to know the deep black hole that was her heart, so she laughed along with him, watching the way his eyes crinkled at the opinions of his brother, a future suitor, surely.  The thought of a silly girl like her having a complex emotion or thought couldn't be fathomed in the families' social circles. She finally watched him crawl back down the tree, and for a second, she thought that her life might turn out a little ok.

Two days later, her eldest brother would have her intestines around her neck as he dunked her in the river, and all was most certainly not ok.

𝐻𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑌 𝑆𝑃𝐸𝐴𝐾𝑆!!

hey yall! I'm really excited to write this story (it's been a brewing for a while) I honestly haven't written in a while, so I am a little (a lot) rusty!  so please bear with me while I try to get back into the swing of things! the last fic I wrote was a riverdale one(says a lot about where i was at that time), and I am in the process of re-reading the pjo series and this book will pick up in the 4th book, Battle of the Labyrinth! 

Hope you all have an amazing day!!