Elena grabbed an apple and threw it at Aria, "Ouch women, that hurt!" Aria said, rubbing her arm where the apple had hit.

"You're my best friend Aria, meaning you're suppose to be on my side, not his" Elena complained.

"Exactly Elena, I am your friend, meaning it's my job to tell you off when your being stupid" Aria said.

"I hate you" Elena mumbled, she knew Aria was right, it was her fault, she pushed Stefan to share something he was clearly not comfortable about sharing, but Elena was to proud to admit that to Aria.

"Love you too" Aria said, blowing Elena a kiss.

Jenna laughed at the two friends, before turning her attention back to Elena, "Haven't you called him?".

"Nope" Elena said, making herself a bowl of cereal, "Not going to either".

"Idiot" Aria mumbled.

"And you're okay with everything?" Jenna asked Elena, slightly worried.

Elena slammed the milk down on the table, "No, I'm not okay with any of it, but I'm not gonna cry about it either, you know I was gonna write in my diary this morning, and then I thought, what am I gonna write? Honestly I'm not gonna be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops spinning because of some guy" she rambled, eating her cereal in anger.

"Good on you Gilbert, because if I was in your situation I would totally be sobbing in my bed right now, proud of you sister" Aria joked, in a small attempt to cheer her friend up, and it worked as a smile formed on Elena's lips.

"I'll be fine" Elena assured her aunt and friend, before grabbing her cereal and walking out the kitchen.

Aria turned to Jenna, "She's so not going to be fine".

***

After school, Elena dragged Aria to the Grill with her.

"Wait, what do you mean his gone?" a shocked Aria asked, as the two girls walked into the Grill together.

Apparently Stefan had asked Elena to meet him at the Grill so he could explain to her why he was missing for so long, and Elena decided to drag Aria along with her, no matter how much she protested.

"I mean his gone, Stefan told Caroline that Damon's gone and his never coming back" Elena said, confused with Aria's reaction.

"No!" Aria said, shaking her head, "He can't be gone, I have so much questions for him, I need my answers and he was the only one who could have given it to me".

"Aria relax, I know you and Damon were starting to have a thing, but personally I don't think he's the right guy for you" Elena said, "Him being gone is a good thing, be happy".

Elena walked up to the pool table where Matt was playing, leaving Aria alone with her thoughts.

"I'm not so sure it is Elena" Aria whispered, wondering who the hell was supposed to tell her about vampires now.

***  

"And there's Vicki all nonchalant in the bathroom like it's no big deal that they're hooking up" Elena said, playing pool with Matt and Aria.