ix.

ella's pov:

I'm running around, just bouncing from places to places to have my place set up by six o'clock tonight. The boys and I decided to have a going away party for each other. If that made any sense at all.

I drew all over my kitchen wall, its one of those chalk paint. I drew some a few of my favorite quotes and wrote Arctic Monkeys all over it.

We decided on this since they'll be separated for a while and won't be able to just hang around with each other, I suggested that we have a small barbeque and swimming party before all the fun is drained from this place.

"Where are your plastic plates?" Sam asked as he rummaged through my cabinets. I sighed, "They're on the table." I walked over to where he'd stood, by kitchen island. "Are you okay?" He looked at me and shook his head no, honesty. "What's wrong then? You haven't been yourself all day." I rubbed his back, in a circular motion.

"His stressed that's all." He smiled at me and walked over to the paper plates and started setting them. I tried to ignore his change of mood, it's odd usually I'm the one giving people the cold shoulder.

I went up the stairs and turned to my closet, I looked through my hanged clothes. I picked up burgundy lace cropped cami top, layered it with an ombré cozy cardigan with long sleeves. Then I put on some white witchery willow shorts and buckled up my white FESTI heeled cut out leather gladiator sandal shoes. I place my hair in a high ponytail and wrapped a black Elodie cuff ponytail holder.

I walked over to where placed the chicken that I made last night, I let them sit in a mixture of seasoning, and a sauce I made. I got he recipe from my mom, being half Filipino has its perks, the province that my mom was from was know for good cuisine and cooks. I grabbed the bowl and tried my best to open the screen door, I was about to set down the bowl on the floor when a pair of muscular arms moved me aside and opened the door for me.

"Thanks Cameron, why are you here so early?" I asked as I went out the door to my griller. "I wanted to help out, so do you need help?" He gave me this long puppy dog eyes, his eyes glimmered due to the light beaming from the sun. I shook my head and heated up the grill. "Sam's been helping me all morning, I think all I need to do now is cook this barbecue whilst Sam sets the tables, you can help him if you want."

*

I reached for the glass pitcher but Cameron beat me to it, so instead of pouring myself some of my homemade lemonade with some margarita mix, he did. He's been awfully clingy today, wherever I'd go he'd follow me like a lost puppy. "Cameron can I talk to you?" I asked him, trying my best to look sincere. His eyes lit up and bobbed his head. I grabbed his hand and pulled him away from the others and towards my front patio. "What's wrong with you?" Okay, it may have sounded harsh but he recently picked a fight with Sam and Taylor because they jokingly threatened to push me into the pool saying that they were being rude to me and all that.

He titled his head, "What do you mean?" I sighed.

"You've been awfully clingy today,you'd follow me wherever I'd go and you're sort of babying me." It was his turn to sigh.

"I guess I've been trying too hard." I gave him a questioning look. He combed his hand through his ruffled up dark caramel hair. "Ella, would you like to go on a date with me?" I was shocked. Me?!

"Cam, you're a great guy but I'm not really in the dating scene at the moment." He looked disappointed, but I'm not changing my ways just to please him. I know it sounds harsh but it's just not something I do. "We can hang out! It could just be the two of us but no strings attached."

He sighed, "I guess thats better than nothing." I smiled at him as we started heading back, he put his hand on the top of my waist. I looked at him and found him trying to avoid any eye contact with me. I let this slide but I don't know.

I'm not sure I want an us. I don't want to ruin our friendship, specially the awkwardness when or if we break up. Wait- why did I say if? I know it'll happen. Things and relationships like these never last, especially with someone like me. Onve we reached the backyard all eyes were on us. Woah Will.I.Am and Brittney Spears moment there.

I motioned for Sam to come with me, ad I used the excuse that I needed him to help me get more food. I walked away from Cameron's grasp and pulled Sam with me.

"He asked me out." I told him as o walked over to the oven to pull out the baked salmon. He gave me a shocked expression. "Exactly." I added.

"Was it, like frank?" He asked, he kind of looked angry. I nodded.  "Did you say yes?"

"No, I don't want to ruin another friendship just to satisfy myself or him.  I don't want it to turn out like Jay." I confessed. He pulled me in for a hug. He rubbed my back and gently told me that it'll all be okay and that we'll figure it out.

I mean will we? I feel like this isn't one of those situation where a small intervention can help me with my fear and past.

*Is it weird to just have pictures up on the side that reflects whatever I think fits each chapter in a tumblr-ic way? There's some tension in this chapter, I tried my best to actually go on with the story and not just stay in their whole MAGcon phase. I'm sorry its so short. The next one will be extra long because I've got a lot planned for their hang out.

Is this story oddly spaced out on your screens? Because it is on mine and I'm not sure why.

Follow me on any of these sites:
Twitter- @pahvlin
Tumblr- hihadobrev.tumblr.com
Insta- @wr.cked and @pam.ela

Check out my other stories: Just Another Fairytale, Amnesia, Tour Paradise, Beliefs, Oddity and more coming soon.

I want to get to know my readers so, what's your names?

150 views for the next chapter?