Chapter 5

Kassandra's POV

Sophia plopped on my bed and stared at the ceiling. She sighed in annoyance. It was after school and we decided to go to my house.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, going to stand in front of my full length mirror. I straighten my shirt and I hiked up my skirt so it would be shorter.

"I have to go to my grandparents' dinner party." She replied.

"Why does that upset you?" I pouted my lips and applied some lip gloss.

"My grandparents are weird," she said, "and they invite my grandma's friend and her husband."

"So?" I pressed.

She sighed again. "Her friend's husband don't get along with my grandpa and everytime they get into a fight, I have to hold his teeth." She shivered and I chuckled.

"You should come." It wasn't a question and her eyes went into puppy dog mode as she stared intensely at me.

"Can't," I shrugged, "Aaron is coming over." I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively and Sophia chuckled.

It's funny how easy her and I got along even though it's only been a few days. Whenever someone would come and talk to me it's either because they wanted to ask me out or used me to climb up the popularity ladder. All in all, everyone uses me for money and power.

But not Sophia. She's not at all weird either and her and I are alike in a lot of ways.

Sophia rolled her eyes to the back of her head. "Great," she muttered, "you get to stay here and have fun with lover boy and I get to watch two 80 year old fight, get tired and fall asleep on the dinning room table."

I chuckled. "They do not!"

"Pfft." She huffed, "lucky me."

She waved goodbye and left my room. A second later, I heard the front door slammed.

I took out my phone and decided to text Aaron.

Me: you still coming over?

It only took him two minutes to text me back.

Aaron: yeah, I had to take a shower after football practice but I'm on my way now.

Me: okay

I threw my phone on the bed and headed downstairs. I was feeling hungry and I knew when Aaron got here, he'll be hungry too.

I walked in the kitchen and immediately went to the fridge and pulled out two frozen pizza boxes from Digerno's and popped them in the oven.

Since my parents were never around, I have to fend for myself and not knowing how to cook, I buy a million Digerno's pizza and I ate mostly frozen stuff.

The doorbell rang and I walked over to open the door and let Aaron in. He looked hot as always. His black hair was still wet from the shower and he had a green t shirt on that showed off his bicep. He stepped inside and I closed the door behind him.

"Hi." I greeted.

"Hey." He smiled. 

"Did you have fun at football practice?" I asked, walking back to the kitchen and Aaron followed me.

"It's was good, I chatted with Melissa Geller." I turned to face him and I saw a hint of red in his cheeks as if he was blushing. Wait a minute!

"Do you like her?" I screeched, a hit of jealousy seethed through my voice. I don't exactly hate Melissa Geller because she wasn't snobby like most head cheerleaders and when I talked to her, we would have nice conversations.