Chapter 24

Kassandra's POV

Sophia drove us home after the movie because I had a lot on my mind. I had realized Sophia was right, I can not be that girl who sleeps around. That wasn't who I wanted to be.

Asher was the one I wanted not Aaron but how can I be sure he wanted me too?

The car suddenly came to a halt and Sophia parked the car in front of this yellow house. You could tell from the outside, it was dirty. It had beer bottles spewed all over the front lawn and the fence was broken.

I was definitely not in Kansas anymore.

Asher got out of the car and walked around the car towards my side and I rolled down the window. "you want to walk me to the porch?" He asked, a smirk played on his lips.

"Sure." I shrugged coyly. I cautiously got out the car and Asher immediately put his arms around me and a smile crept on my face. Maybe Asher wasn't such a bad guy after all.

We walked towards his porch and he let go of me. "Jonah said we should talk." He mentioned, running a hand through his hair.

"I agree," I sighed, "I like you a lot and maybe we should take it to the next level." Asher began laughing as he ran a hand through his hair again. "Why you laughing?"

"I'm laughing because we would make the worst couple ever," he continued to laugh, "and plus I don't like you."

"Excuse me?" I said, choking back tears. I know Asher and I are like water and oil but I thought he liked me.

"I'm not trying to be mean," He explained, "it's just that I have these rules and one of them is to never go out with a Jefferson."

"We went out like three times." I scoffed.

"No," He disagreed, "we hung out like three times."

"You are such a jerk!" I yelled.

"And you are a spoiled brat," he laughed, "We've been down this road."

I shocked my head as I said, "I hate you." I began to walk away but Asher quickly grabbed me and spun me back around.

"My mom is gone for the whole weekend," he said, "Do you want to come inside?"

"And have sex with you?" He nodded. "Fine!" I scoffed, "After this I never want to see you again."

Asher unlocked his front door and we stepped inside.
***
I stared at Sophia as I put my hair in a messy bun then I went to lay on my side of the bed. "Why are boys such jerks?" I asked her.

She shrugged as she turned and stared at the ceiling. "Human nature?" She guessed. "Not every one of them is bad though."

"Yeah and you got stuck with one of the good ones." I chuckled. Life was not fair and my life has always been fair; I got whatever I want. Except for Asher.

"Jonah is not one of the good ones." She scoffed.

"Did something happen?" I wondered.

"No but you'll be surprised of how good of a liar he is and that kind of scares me."

We stayed silent as both of stared at my ceiling. This situation reminds me of the movie Grease when that chick fell in love with the bad boy but she got to have him at the end.

A smile crept unto my face when a plan started forming in my head. "I just got a brilliant idea."

"What is it?"

"You know how in that movie Grease the chick ended up with that dude after all?"

"Yeah." She replied slowly, looking at me sideways.