Chapter 3

| Chapter 3 |

 Kassandra's POV

Few moths ago, Aaron invited me to his sister's engagement party and I stupidly said yes. Aaron had this hold on me everytime he gives me his puppy dog look. I can remember the first time Aaron and I met as if it just happened yesterday.

Flashback

“Hey Kassie!” Someone yelled from behind. I turned around and this blond chick came running up to me. I am really bad with names but I am really good at faces. Blond chick is in my P.E class and she would always try to get my attention.

“Its Kassandra.” I corrected. I hated when someone called me Kassie or Kass and one time someone called me K. There's something about nicknames that makes me mad.

The chick looks taken back and her eyes became wide; she probably is worried that I would ruined her social life.

I remembered when Callie Hamn stole my crush and the only thing I said was that, “Callie Hamn is a whore.” After that, Facebook went wild and everybody thought she was a whore. I tried to backtrack my statement but it was too late, Callie's parents already moved her to like England or something. After that, I forced myself to stray away from all the drama and ignored most of my classmate.

“S-sorry.” She stuttered, “I was just wondering if you would like to be my partner in P.E today?”

I shrugged. “Sure.”

I slammed my locker shut and walked away. I didn't make it far though when I lot my footing and I found myself falling. My eyes tighten closed as I waited for the impact. But the impact never came.

My eyes flew open and I was met with the most beautiful eyes.

“Hi I'm Aaron,” the beautiful voice spoke, “I'm new here.”

“Kassandra.”

End of flashback

I finally found a decent dress to wear for the engagement party.

Since I had nothing else to do, I decided to write my pen pal back

Dear Lincoln kid,

You know you could be a little nicer since I think I'm the only one whose actually enjoying this little project but you are getting a pretty good deal with me. I am an amazing listener and I give great advice and I think you and I can be awesome friends, you just got to work with me here. What do you think of this pen pal project? Please this time give me something.

Xoxo Kassandra L

I put the letter away and I thought about what my pen pal was like. I was hoping for a girl because sure I had a lot of friends but I never had a girl best friend. Someone to share my secrets with, someone who would have sleepovers with me and we would have pillow fights.

Sure Aaron was a great friend but I never really told him my deep dark secrets and whenever we had sleepovers we wouldn't actually ever sleep, no, we just would have lots of amazing sex.

I sighed to myself as I felt lonely in this huge mansion we live in. Mom and dad was away in another business trip and left me alone.

I took out my phone and texted Aaron to come over.

** 

It was three days later and today was the day that we would get letters back from our pen pal.

I was at my locker when purple hair girl decided to come up to me. I didn't mind though because I made it my mission to find a girl best friend. The only problem though was that I didn't know her name and I felt rude asking her because we were supposed to be "friends". 

"Hi." I greeted cheerfully.

"Hey Kass." She greeted back and I restrain a groan. I seriously hated nicknames. "What's up?"

"Not much." I replied. "You want to walk to English class together?"

She shrugged. "Sure."

We chatted on our way to English class but I decided that I hated this girl. She only referred to me as "Kass" and she wasn't very nice; she would make fun of people's clothes and even tripped this nerd and made him drop all the books in his hands. 

I think it's time to find a new friend.

I took a seat at my usual desk in the back and purple hair girl sat next to me. I knew she was talking to me but I decided to tune her out and was playing that new Taylor swift song in my head.

The late bell rang and Mr. Louis walked in.

"Okay class," he clapped, "before we get the letters back, we are going to go over a project we will do with partners.

A random guy in the class raised his hands. Mr. Louis called on him. "Can we choose our own partner?"

"No." Mr. Louis answered. The whole class groaned.

"Since this is English class," Mr. Louis continued, "You guys will choose any book of your choice, give the class a brief summary and talk about any issues the book talk about that is the same issue that is going on in this world today."

The same kid raised his hands. Mr. Louis rolled his eyes but regardless, called on him again. "What do you mean by issues?"

"Issues like race, teen pregnancy, or class."

Mr. Louis walked up to his desk and took out a folder. "When I call your name please go sit next to your partner."

Mr. Louis began calling names and I caught the name Lisa which belonged to the purple hair girl.

Mr. Louis got to my name and I prayed to get anyone but "Lisa".

"Kassandra Lawrence, you will be with Sophia Silverman."

I groaned out loud and knew I should of asked for anyone but Lisa and Sophia.

Lisa was mean but Sophia was weird.

I went to go seat next to Sophia who was all the way at the front and she glared at me.

"Before you began talking to your partner, I'm going to pass back your letters." Mr. Louis announced. I cheered while the rest of the class groaned.

When I got my letter back, I ripped it open like I usually do. I read it over and was shocked to read what it said.

Dear blond bitch,

Fine you won, I will tell you something interesting. But answer me this first. My friend, Jonah, got a pen pal named Bradley Olsen who said that he would rape his mother and stabbed her 10x. The problem is, we checked there is nobody by name at your school so would you happen to know who he is? As you can tell, I hate this whole pen pal system but you broke me down blond bitch, I will try to be nice. Also, you seemed interesting and your story about dragon girl made me laugh but I think you should try to be nice to Sophia because I mean she did loose both her parents. I must apologize for writing this letter in red crayon but you see, this kid Josh who sits behind me wouldn't shut up and I got so annoyed that I tried to stab him with my pencil and they took my pencil privilege away and now I have to write with crayons.

Adios blond bitch,

A.B

P.S I am a BOY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE (25)

COMMENT (5)

FOLLOW