Chapter 12

Warning: Its short

Okay I'm going to explain chapter 10 + 11 one more time because people were still confused. Re-read the book if u got to

Chapter 2- Kassandra wrote to her pen pal about Sophia and how her parents died

Chapter 9- Kassandra asked Sophia about her previous life and how her parents died

Chapter 10+11- its Sophia's POV the DAY her parents died so both chapter is ONE day with a glimpse of her life and her friends so to those who thought it was fast or w.e

NOW ITS BACK TO KASSANDRA'S POV

grammar/spelling mistake IDGAF

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kassandra's POV

"I blamed myself for their death." She cried. I watched as she wipe tears away.

"Sophia," I said, "it was not your fault."

"Let’s be real Kassandra," she snapped, "If I wasn't such an awful daughter, I would have listened to my mom and not have gone to that party. They were on the road because of me!"

"That's not true." I argued, "You weren't the drunk driver who hit them with that car."

"I still feel so guilty about it."

"So what happened after you fainted?" I asked.

"I had to pack and get on a plane the next morning so I can go live with my grandparents."

"And your friends?"

She glanced over to me quickly before her eyes darted back to the road. "You ask a lot of questions." She noted, a smirk played on her lips.

"I know," I shrugged, "so what happened? Did you ever confront Bethany? Did Sarah ever found out about you and Leroy?"

"No," she said, "I never talked to any of my friends after I move."

"If you were popular like me than why are you so weird now?"

"You think I'm weird?"

"You know what I mean," I sighed, "you act quiet at school, you dress weird and you hissed at me when I tried to be your friend."

She rolled her eyes. "I realized how bratty I was and I didn't want my grandparents to go through what my parents went through with me so I stayed away from the popular crowd and decided to keep to myself."

I nodded my head, not really knowing what to say at this point. I never knew someone like Sophia would share so much in common with me.

The rest of the ride was silent as both Sophia and I seem to be lost in our own thoughts. I couldn't help but think of my parents wherever they might be; even though they are never around, I couldn't imagine my life without them. I couldn't imagine mom not calling to ask if I saw her on the latest magazine or dad popping up at random times to check up on me.

The car came to a halt and for the first time, I saw that we were in Lincoln but most importantly, we had reached the club.

Sophia had bummed me out with her story which is partly my fault since I was the one to bring it up.

"We don't have to meet the boys if you don't want to," I ensured her. "I'll understand."

"Yeah right," she laughed, "trust me Kassandra, I want to meet this psychopath more than you do."

I chuckled. "Let's go then."

We got out the car and walked towards the back of the line. My heart was beating out of my chest; I'm surprised that Sophia couldn't hear it.

Be cool. No, be sexy. Be both.

"What's wrong with your face?" Sophia asked, grimacing. She was looking at me like I had two heads.

"I'm trying to be sexy and cool." I explained.

"Well tell that to your face because you look constipated." I glared at her which made her laugh.

We reached the front of the line and we handed the bouncer our IDs. I'm curious to know who Sophia knows that made us these fake IDs. The bouncer ushered us in and soon my ears were filled with loud music.

I didn't even know what this guy looks like or what he's wearing because in his letter, he wrote how he wanted to spot me first just in case I was ugly.

Sophia and I sat at the bar. Maybe I'll be more relaxed with alcohol in me. The bartender was a female this time which made Sophia sad since the cute bartender wasn't there.

We ordered two coke and rum and I quickly chugged mines down. I felt a little light headed afterwards.

"Well, what do we have here," a deep voice behind me said, sending shivers down my spine, "If it isn't Kassandra."

I slowly turned around cautiously, making sure my face didn't look like I was constipated.

My eyes widen when I saw him—instantly I knew that he was my pen pal.

"Hi, I'm Asher." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to take a moment to say R.I.P Paul Walker, i know im random but I just watched the new Fast and Furious movie (read my about me, ever since fast 5, Ive been OBSSESSED with the franchise). A VERY sexy guy gone too soon

VOTE (55)

COMMENT(10)

FOLLOW