Pilot

Leah.

"Ok mama I know...Alright, I hear you....I know...I know!...I'm sorry for raising my voice I just...yeah love you too...Bye." I sighed as I hung up my phone. I sat it on the counter and put the food on Rome's plate: a salad, pasta, and a slice of Italian bread.

"Mmm, smells good." Rome came down the stairs shirtless and in grey sweats. I handed him his plate and he dug in. "Babe you not gone eat?"

"No I'm not really hungry." I gave a small smile and he went back to devouring his food. I cleaned up the kitchen as he ate and knew he was finished once he burped and sat back in his chair. I grabbed his plate and took it to the sink to be washed.

As I stood at the sink I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, "Thanks babe." Rome said as he kissed my neck. I smiled as I sat the plate in the dish rack. His hands went into my jeans and then under my panties and I knew where he was going with this.

"Rome stop." I pulled his hands out. He looked at me confused. "How about..." I looked outside of the kitchen to see our living room's huge flat screen. "How about we watch a movie together?"

"Watch a movie?" He asked.

"Yeah whatever you wanna watch."

He looked at the time on the oven. "Actually I've got work to do. I have an end-of-the day conference call at seven and I've got paperwork to be looked over by before then."

"But-"

"Sorry babe. Maybe another time?" He kissed my forehead and walked away.

You see how he treats me? He had time to be up in my panties but he didn't have time to just relax with me? But I'd learned the hard way not to question Jerome. So whatever problems we had were either solved with sex or a 'firm talking-to' given by Jerome. So this was my life. Pretty boring if you ask me. I live in this beautiful mansion that's only God knows how many square feet as a housewife. I cook, I clean, I grocery shop, I fold clothes, I cook again, I clean some more, I iron clothes and then by that time, Jerome is home expecting another hot meal, sex, and then he locks himself in his office and isn't heard from again until about 9:30, 10:00.

He wasn't always so...dead and without spontaneity. Before we were marred, we did everything together. He treated me like a princess. Took me to the Bahamas, Hawaii, France, the Dominican Republic. Took me out to dinner to places that cost an arm and a leg for a simple fruit punch, if they even had it. We'd go to the beach or downtown to just walk along the shops and the people. A sandy breeze by day and a lit up party by night. Those times were great. Then he proposed and I just knew he was the one. Shows how much I knew.

Maybe one day he'll come around and fall out of love with his job and back in love with me.

~ for it to be the first chapter, it sucks. I'm aware. But it'll get better as time goes on so add it to your library and tell your friends about it. ~

- |Elise Marie|