We Are The Champions!

Mikayla's POV

Waking up this morning I had a sense of calmness and security. The source, was my handsome ass husband who had his arm draped over me holding me tightly. Since we've arrived back home things have been on the up and up. We haven't really done too much of anything besides work and doing things here and there with the kids and their activities.

Today Adam and I don't have work. We've coordinated our schedules so we'd have a little time together without the kids. I woke up this morning and took the kids to school and came back to a butt naked Adam walking around our room. The man refuses to put clothes on whenever we're alone at home. He made me lay back down with him which resulted in us both falling back to sleep.

The sound of his snores meant he was still asleep. It's been a long time since I'd woken him up with breakfast in bed, so I'd figured why not today. Especially since I'm hungry for some pancakes.

I pulled back the comforter overtop of us and tried to untangle my body from his, but he woke up and pulled me back with him.

"Adam, I'm hungry." I groaned, pulling myself up again. With a devilish grin he replied, "I've got something you can eat."

"You dirt ball, get up!" I laughed throwing a pillow at him. "You just missed breakfast in bed." I teased childishly and stuck my tongue out.
______

Adam's POV

"Breakfast was great, baby." I complimented swallowing the last of the pancakes she'd made. It was only 10:30, which meant we still had a lot of time to go before we had Mason's championship game tonight.

"Have you talked to Avery? She's been dodging my calls lately." I asked her rubbing up and down her thigh. She thought for a moment before shaking her head. "Not since we've been back. I know her and Jack got into a really bad argument but she never said about what."

"Is she coming to the game tonight?" She shrugged her shoulders. "My guess is yeah, she said she was when we were on our way back. I sent it in the group chat to confirm. The only one who can't come is Aaron." I nodded before picking up my phone from the counter and dialing her number. Immediately, I got her voicemail.

"Hi this is Avery! I'm probably off on an island again... leave a message!"

I left a message saying for her to get back to me before I sent out a search party. It's not like her to not return my calls. She would've called me by now. Before she got married I used to talk to Avery everyday, but Jack just started pulling her away from all of us. My parents used to jump at Avery's every whim, but since the day she said I do, my dad has a stick up his ass when it comes to her.

"Don't get too worked up, I'm sure if something happened she'd tell me. Jack isn't crazy, nor does he have a death wish." She said referring to the time Aiden and I threatened him. I shrugged my shoulders, "he tried to play my sister and he got played."
______

Mason's POV

We've got enough time for one more play and if we don't pull it off we can kiss that trophy goodby. We're up, but by one touchdown and if we fumble then that means they can take the game.

Tonight couldn't get any better. I've got my family, my girl in the stands and my best friend on the field with me. Angel's sister Jada finally gave me a chance and we've been going out for about a month. Not much, but I'm serious about her.

Macie thinks I don't know, but I saw Angel slip her his game day jacket at lunch today. I don't have any ill feelings about them being together so I don't know why they haven't told me. In due time I guess.

"Alright, we're up but only by one touchdown. We're going to run the same thing that helped us beat them in the regular season except instead of giving Grayson the ball, I'm going to run it." I explained. "Everyone's playing great tonight and we've got one more hoorah before we can rest. So let's go and kick some ass!" I screamed.

"On three!" Angel started leading the cheer. "Champs on three, champs on three... one, two, three CHAMPS!"

We walked to the center of the field where I got ready to play the ball. I looked to my left and right, giving Angel a slight head nod.

"Hike!" The ball flew in my hands and I turned acting as if I passed it, as Grayson ran there was a clear path to the end zone and I took off. Once everyone realized the crowd started going crazy. The cheering boosted my adrenaline and gave me what I needed to win the game for my team.

The boys ran towards me and crowded around me screaming. Another one in the books.

A/N: I know absolutely nothing about football. I made this all up (obviously) lol. PS this is a filler chapter.