My Brother's Bestfriend

Macie's POV

The crowd cheered as Mason threw Angel a perfect touchdown pass. Tonight was the first game of the season and Gregor Prep. did not come to disappoint. The score was now 14 to 0 with only a couple minutes left in the fourth quarter. There was enough time for O'Malley High to get a touchdown, but they couldn't win it.

Everyone died down and waited for O'Malley to play the ball. Once their quarterback went to throw the ball all of their players were covered and they were closing in in him. He made the mistake to throw the ball to the person Angel was covering which resulted in an interception. He ran up the sideline, dodging players left and right, until he made it to the end zone. His touchdown dance was hilarious. The boy couldn't dance to save his life, but that didn't take away from everything else that was good about him.

The final score was 21 to 0.

Whenever the team wins a game they always come back out to give the team ball to one of their family members. The first winning home game is always the quarterback. Mason had flowers in his hand. Red roses to be exact. He walked over to the stands and game then to my mom, as well as a kiss on the cheek.  The crowd awed and clapped when Mason hugged her. Despite my mom being a MELANIN QUEEN, you could see the red on her cheeks. She was embarrassed, she hated being the center of attention.
______
After the game we all went to dinner. It was our family and Angel's family. Everyone was pretty much occupied in other conversations. Angel and I seemed to be the only ones not talking to someone. Mason was with his flavor of the week. He's just like uncle Aiden.

"I saw you cheering for me in the stands Macie." Angel said next to me. "Well that touchdown dance was something else." I laughed. He looked at me a light smile displayed across his face.

"Which was your favorite part? The hip swivel or the Carlton?" He asked imitating both, which caused my laughter to get louder.

"I can't decide, but I think I like the Carlton a little more." My eyes caught his bright smile as it widened at my comment. He has such white teeth that are so beautiful and go with his skin great. Thank God for his Hispanic heritage.

Ok, I'm willing to admit it now. I have a crush on Angel. The only person who knows is my mom. He's always looked out for me. At first it was like a friendship, but I think he likes me too. Or maybe he knows I have a crush on him and he's playing into it. Who knows?

"Hey mom there's no practice tomorrow. Can Angel sleep over?" Mason called across the table. My mom looked over at Roselyn who nodded.

"It's fine with us. But we're leaving early for your grandparents house." She reminded him. Shoot! Tomorrow is my dad's parent's anniversary and they're having a get together that my mom offered to help with.

Angel's mom is a top party planner in LA so we got her to plan the party, so Angel could come but also her and her husband. Our families loved each other.

"Food's here!" Carter and Spencer screamed when they saw the waitress approaching our table.

"Boys!" My dad barked. They looked at each other like a deer caught in headlights, before apologizing. My dad had this voice that could make anyone shit their pants. He used it in Mason one time and he did it. Literally.
______
We all made it back home safe. I was about ready for bed when there was a knock at my door.

"It's open!" I screamed from my bed. I was all nice and cuddled up in my blanket that I refused to get up.

Angel appeared in a pair of sweatpants and a wife beater

Angel appeared in a pair of sweatpants and a wife beater. His muscles and tattoos were on full display and I loved the sight. Omigod! Thank you Lord for creating him!

"You look like your one blink away from being asleep." He joked taking a seat on the edge of my bed. "It's been a long day. You try watching two 11-year-old twin boys."

"I did try." He said scratching the back of his head. "Remember the super glue incident."

One time I had one of my therapy appointments and my mom was running late so Angel and Mason had to watch the boys. Long story short, when we got back home the boys were stuck to the floors in the kitchen because they wouldn't keep still. That was their idea of keeping them out of trouble. I'll never forget the look on my moms face when she saw it. It was hilarious.

"I remember it very well. My mom chased you guys around the backyard." He nodded. "Yeah, it was worse when I told her we tried duck tape and they got out of it. Your brothers are next level."

"Tell me about it." Our talking died down and we sat there in silence for a little bit.

"So what's up?" I asked. "Nothing I just wanted to come talk to you for a little bit." His eyes darted around my room looking for something to avert his attention to.

"Are you ok Angel?" He's never nervous. Him and Mason are the most self-assured people I know. Besides my dad and his dad. I think it's a man thing.

"Yeah," he started to stutter. "I-uh... I-I." He took a deep breath before opening his mouth again.

"I like you Macie. A lot. I know there's some things you have trouble with and I don't want you to think I'm pressuring you or anything by telling you this, but I do." I let out a giggle and he looked at me like I was crazy.

"I like you too Angel." His frown turned into a lopsided grin that showed off his perfect teeth.

"You just took so much weight off my shoulders."

The way he was acting you'd never believe it was Angel. Cocky, arrogant, and conceited Angel. That's why him and my brother got along. They were two peas in a pod.

"I'll let you get some rest, I'll see you in the morning." He said getting up and walking closer toward me. He leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"What was that for?" I asked. "I mean I liked it. But what was it for?" He pointed to my shelf where a picture hung.

Always kiss me goodnight.