SEVEN

Atalanta POV

I packed my stuff in a hurry. Clothes, books, knifes... I counted off the list in my head.

I probably had a silly grin on my face. YES. YES! Finally, I was going to Camp Half-Blood. I'd wanted to go there forever, ever since Nico told me about it. He used to promise me he would bring me there sometime, slip me out or something. In the end he didn't, and our friendship... well, you know what happened.

Besides, I hadn't been out of Camp Jupiter since I came here. Sure, it's big and all, and New Rome was a wonderful place, but I'd always kind of hoped I could get out. I did not like it that I was stuck in here. I never did.

Okay

I might be doing this because I wrote

So

Little

This time

But anyway

On with da story!

The next day, I met with Nico and Will. Honestly, Will was, well, pretty good— nice, funny, positive. Besides, if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have been able to go to Camp Half-Blood. They had said that there were about six more coming too. When I got closer to them, I saw six teenagers standing there too.

I stopped when I got close enough to see their faces. "Centurion Leila said she wanted to go too," Will shrugged. I growled. Prick. Somehow she must have found out about me going to Camp Half-Blood.

Then I saw Janice and Zack among the others. I heard whispers, and My day, originally a happy one, was immediately ruined.the demigods smirked when they saw me.

Will explained everything to us before Nico started. We would shadow travel there. It took about three days, for three jumps. Nico had to sleep and rest after each jump for a long time, and we would have to defend him from monsters that might attack us. Me and Nico were children of the big three, anyway. We could attract... a lot of monsters.

The other Campers sniggered when Will said that. Right. They thought I can't fight. I sighed. Just great, now I could only sit out the fight. I'd been so longing for excitement, but now that it comes I can't enjoy it.

We joined hands—Will was the only one who was willing to take my hand—and shadow traveled to our first rest stop.