Scene III: The Confrontation

. Shiho, though undercover, is detained by Rum, Vodka, Chianti, and Korn (aiming their guns at her) to Gin and Vermouth.

Rum (satirically, standing behind Shiho) : So you’ve come!

Shiho (in distress) : How can I forget where my sister died?

Soon afterwards, Shinichi and Ran arrive, triumph over Vodka, Chianti, and Korn (Shinichi with his gadgets and Ran with her karate moves), but Rum shoots them with sleeping needles and locks them  in one of the rooms of the BO center.

Gin (flinging a red rose at Shiho) : This is your favorite color of the rose, with the pure redness of blood! (aiming his gun at her). Now! Hand me the antidote!

Shiho (constrained) : I trusted you… but you let me down…

Gin : I thought you were healing me, but no, you broke me even more!

Vermouth : If there would be anyone in this world who is not allowed to exist, it would be you! (sets a ticking grenade) : You have 10 minutes.

(But to their astonishment, Shiho is able to escape by Kaito Kid’s help, who surprisingly vanishes, and Shiho is thus able to unlock the room of Shinichi and Ran, whom she places in an emergency cabinet. Shinichi soon redeems his consciousness, but Shiho shuts the door of the cabinet, which has only 2 persons as a capacity, and releases it, casting a last glance at him.)

Shinichi  (shrieking) : Shiho!

Shiho (remembering  her family) : There is fear, hurt, and pain no more… A few seconds… and I will be there… with you… (raising her wounded hand to reach out for Akemi.)

. Then Gin and Vermouth  escape via another emergency cabinet, but the  FBI agency besieges them.

Gin : Uhhh…. Rye!

Akai (holding his riffle) : More like… the Silver Bullet! This is for Akemi! (shooting on the cabinet).

Jodie Starling (shooting her gun at the cabinet) : And this is for my parents!

. Soon the cabinet is devastated, and Akai and Jodie detain Gin and Vermouth.

However, Akai can spot in the distance Bourbon  with a laptop case, fleeing to his car. Akai swiftly realized that the laptop contains the secret formula for the counteragent, which Bourbon compelled Shiho to disclose, upon Vermouth’s orders.

As Bourbon starts his car and swifts away, Akai fires four bullets on its wheels, so that Bourbon crashes into a wall. Soon a clash occurs between the two rivals, and ends with Akai detaining Bourbon.

Masumi, arriving on her bike; thus, calls the Tokyo Police , and as they arrive, they unleash a counter attack on Rum, Vodka, Chianti, and Korn, and are able to detain all of them.

. Upon the landing of their cabinet, Shinichi strikes the door of the cabinet open with his ball. Ran is soon  awake, and Shinichi retells what has occurred.

Shinichi  (bruised and shivering) : But I promised… to protect her…

Ran : Ahhh… Sinichi… Look at Shiho-San!

. Shiho, to her amazement, realizes that she is still alive, rescued by Hakuba. They have this flashback :

Hakuba also arrived to the BO center but was detained too, but was also, to his surprise, able to escape by Kid’s help. That way, Hakuba was able to rescue Shiho, smashing one of the windows and both  landing on the ground before the grenade exploded and wiped out the BO center.

. Shiho and Hakuba’s eyes meet.

. Kaito Kid smiles, and disappears.

* Was this ending satisfactory? Or do you ship Shinichi x Shiho? Share your comments!
-Dana