Somewhere only we know

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river, and it made me complete
Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin

After the match we stuck around to finish watching the show. I couldn't get what Jonie had Said to me out of my mind. "she's been after Shawn for awhile but Shawn isn't into it." seeing sunny hanging over my Shawn didn't do much to help the situation either.

The drive home I kept pretty much to myself. I sat up front as Shawn drove looking out the window looking up at the stars.

Why is this affecting me so much I kept questioning myself? I have never let anyone affect me like this has. Every word that my family has said to me I wouldn't give a second thought about but this has me shook.

Ashley is there something bothering you Shawn asked. I didn't even notice that we were home and that hunter and Jonie had went inside.

Maybe just a bit I sighed.

Shawn grabbed my hand ad started rubbing small circles on the back of my hand with this thumb.

You know you can tell me right? He stated and asked at the same time.

It's just I don't know honestly Shawn.

Well, start at the beginning he laughed.

Ok then what's the deal with the bimbo?

You must mean sunny.

I do I started I just get these vibes from her like she's trouble.

She is. She's been trying to get with me even though she has a boyfriend and has been banging the whole locker room also. A few weeks ago Jonie best the ever-loving shit out of her for trying to get with hunter. It was the best thing I've seen.

Have you. I started but Shawn cut me off.

Nope, I haven't she's tried so hard too I feel bad for her. But I've never laid a finger on her.

I have this feeling I'm not sure what it is yet but she's got something up her sleeve. I said shrugging.

Do we have to go in yet? Is there somewhere we can go look at the stars? I asked it might sound lame but it's so peaceful I added.

He got out of the car and came over to my door and opened it for me. He took my hand and helped me out of the car and led me down the street.
W
Where are we going? I asked
It
I know a spot that's perfect he said leading the way. I don't think anyone really knows about this place.

We walked about a 1/2 mile before turning off to a trail. It was pretty dark now and we didn't have flashlights with us. I was holding onto Shawn so I didn't fall.

Dony worry buttercup were here he said as we approached an open field. We walked to the middle and Shawn sat down. I put my head in his lap and looked to the stars. Shawn played with my hair.

What do you want out of life I asked.

Honestly ash I live for this business and I just wanna be on top. Since I was a boy that's all I ever wanted was to be champion.

How about you? He asked in return.

I'm not sure I honestly thought I would be dead by now. I never thought I would get out of my parent's house alive or I would end up going crazy and end up in jail for killing my father.

That's gotta be rough. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that.

Don't be sorry Shawn your the reason I'm out of there and that I'm still alive I said taking his hand holding it. I rested the hand that was holding shawns on my stomach.

Ooh, Shawn look a shooting start make a wish! I exclaimed

So since you know about my life and I have no idea about yours tell me about your childhood.

Well uh, my parents are the best their still married and so in love. I have two brothers and one sister. My mom was so pissed that was a boy since she ordered a girl. My dad was in the air force and we moved around a lot growing up. I played football in high school. Went to college but that didn't last long as I dropped out to follow my dream. And here I am.

Lol sounds like a good life.

Its had its ups and downs Ashley I won't lie. But not as exciting as yours.

I looked at him.

Relax I was joking trying to make you laugh.

Look, Shawn, there's another one I pointed out.

I felt like I was in heaven. I absolutely loved looking at the stars but never had the chance to. And having Shawn here just made it so much better.

So I do have a question for you. Vince was inquiring about how you would feel about joining the WWF.

Uhh, Shawn, have you looked at me. I'm nowhere as pretty as sunny and the rest of the girls.

Ashley stop it. He's serious and I am too you don't have to do anything psychical just escort me to the ring for now and if you wanted yo eventually, wrestle then we can cross that bridge when we get there.

Hm, me wrestle one day. Yeah, I think I would be cool with that I said with excitement. We continued to talk for a  while before we decided to go home it had to be late.

As we were walking back to the road I happened to trip over something I screamed and tried to catch myself by grabbing onto Shawn but failed miserably. He landed on top of me as i was laughing I cracked a joke.

Uh, Shawn, I think I fell for you.

He gave me that trademark smirk and helped me up.

We got home and it was already 4 am I told Shawn goodnight and went to my room.

~*~ shawns pov~*~

Ashley said goodnight and I sat on the couch stuck in my head. Did I hear her right? Did she say she was falling for me or did she just crack a joke? How am I feeling like this for her? I don't even want her in my bed. I mean I do because I sleep so amazingly when she's sleeping next to me but I don't want to sleep with her. This is a first for the heartbreak kid. I got up and walked to the fridge. I grabbed a beer. Who are you Ashley and what are you doing to me I thought to myself. I finished my beer and walked to Ashley's room. I looked in and saw her sleeping peacefully. I may be falling for you too Ashley I sighed and went to bed.