Coma

I don't know where you are
In your mind, but listen to your soul
Trying to find its way back to your heart
From the car to the ER
Just think of me and pull yourself back to creation
I wanna be all you think about
Anything and everything you dream about
As if I had it all figured out
I wanna be the one you can't breathe without
If you could open your eyes

~*~ Shawn's P.O.V ~*~

I screamed at the top of my lungs for help tears flooding my eyes as I hold Ashley in my arms. I look at her face and see the blood around the shards of glass sticking out of her beautiful face.

HUNTER, JONIE. I yell seconds later they burst into the bathroom. Tears appeared in Jonies eyes as soon as she saw the aftermath. Hunter just stared in shock. Jonie ran out of the room and called the ambulance. Hunter stayed with me.

Do you know who did this? He asked.

I didn't reply I just held Ashley as close to me as I could and rocked her back and forth.

Shawn do you know who did this he yelled.

No, I shook my head with more tears falling. But I think I have an idea I remarked. She was just about to tell me when she passed out.

Jonie came back into the room and hunter wrapped her arms around her the ambulance will be here soon they said not to move her she said before putting her head in hunter's chest letting worry take over.

Jonie stayed with me while hunter being the stronger of the three went to wait for the ambulance.

Minutes later, the ambulance came and as they carried the equipment inside on a stretcher, They took my buttercup and laid her on a backboard and put a neck brace on her. They hooked her up to a bunch of wires and oxygen and put her on the stretcher. The men looked at us three and stated that one of us can go with her. Huntet patted ny back and said they would follow us.

I hopped in the large ambulance with them, using my right hand to hold Ashleys while I used my other to keep hold of the ring around my neck. The entire ride was filled with silence, except the noises the EMTs were making, as the vehicle was driven on the road. Minutes seemed like hours and in that time, it felt like the world was slowing down. Like time was running out.

As we came to a screeching stop, I jumped out of the car and instantly took a seat in one of the waiting room chairs. My brain was now filled with worrisome thoughts and I only snapped out of my trance when I felt my phone vibrate. It was hunter.

Were a few minutes away.

Hunter and Jonie arrived. I was sick with worry. As they tried to reassure me, I blocked out their vioces and the negitive thoughts started. Like...like what if she doesn't make it? What if she hates me? What if she blames me? What ifs she never talks to me again? I cant. I can't lose my buttercup. I wont be able to do this thing called life without her.

I couldn't help it. Focusing on the negatives was a habit of mine that I had yet to break.

I stared. Not at anything in particular, just into space. If I could cry, I would have, only I couldn't feel anything. I was numb. So I just sat in the waiting room, waiting. Praying to God, or anyone else that wanted to listen, that she would be all right.