Chapter 17

Is This Love?

Chapter 17

Christine's POV

The rest of the party was a little boring because of all the drunk people dancing and trying to flirt with me. I finally caught up with Cam after going to get a couple drinks.
"Hey babe, I haven't seen you since truth or dare. What happened?"
"I just went to get a couple drinks" I reply back to him.
"Next time tell me, but for now, let's go outside." He grabs my hand and pulls me outside where all the boys were. It was dark out in the backyard but Jack J bought a fire pit and cool lights to go around the walls.

I go and sit down in between Matt and Cameron as Matt put his arm around me. Cameron put his hand on my thigh at almost exactly the same time. It felt really nice to be honest.

After a while of a boring conversation between the boys, Matthew stood up and grabbed my hand, bringing me by the pool. All of a sudden he jumped into the freezing water and pulled me in with him. When we surfaced, I gave Matt a rude look before we both started laughing. We both splashed each other and then got out.

Luckily when I got into the pool I didn't have my heels on. Where did I leave them anyways? Cam was standing by the steps with a towel for me when I got out. I happily took the towel and dried off then went to go sit back down with the boys.

My phone buzzed and I got a text from Matthew telling me to meet him in the kitchen. I told Cam I would be right back as he kissed my cheek and starting engaging in the conversation again, not even paying attention to me. I got up to see why Matthew sent the text. I walked into the kitchen and couldn't find him. I then felt arms being wrapped around my waist from behind.

Hands covered my eyes and a cute voice said "Guess who?" I replied with a little giggle and said Matthew. He took his hands off my eyes and I spun around to talk to him.
"Why did you want me to come in here?"
"I was getting bored" he said while he kept looking at my lips, his hands still around my waist. He then leaned in and kissed me. I was shocked. I finally kissed him back. Should I be doing this? It was so wrong but it felt so right.

Matt pulled away. "That was amazing" he confesses. "Yes, it kind of was" I admit, looking at the ground while I talked.

"What's the matter?" He put his hand underneath my chin and pulled my head up to face his. "I'm dating Cameron, and I basically just cheated on him." The word "cheated" stung my tongue as it came out. I was never a girl to cheat on someone, it was so horrible.

"It's okay, he doesn't have to know." I shivered when he told me that because it was the exact same thing that Cameron told me when he wanted to cheat on me with Taylor.
"Is everything alright?" He asks, breaking me from my thoughts.
"Everything is fine, I just need to tell Cameron." I break away from Matt and go outside to find Cam. No where to be seen.

"Have you seen Cameron?" I ask Carter.
"Nope, the last time I saw him he got up to go find you."

A/N: Hey guys :))

What do you think happened to Cam?

Happy Friday!

I just want to take a moment to thank all of the people who take time to read my story... It really means a lot to me and I'm happy to keep writing😭❤️

I love you all :)) Stay beautiful - Kayla❤️