Chapter Ten: Date

When Ashley and Jen came back I immediately told them about my plans. They offered to help me so that's how I ended up in Jen's bedroom trying on outfits.

"Okay since you're staying in the house I was thinking this," Jen says showing me an outfit. It's a pair of black leggings a white blouse with some black flats. "What do you think?" She asks

"I like it," I say with a smile.She hands me the outfit and I go and change.

"You look beautiful," Ashley says when I come out.

"Thank you," I say sincerely. As Ashley is helping me do my hair my thoughts are racing. I'm so nervous what if I mess this up. I don't know what to do on a date. "I'm nervous what do you do on a date?" I ask them

"Get to know each other more, I've known Adam a long time, he'll be great for you," Ashley replies.

"Don't be nervous, just be yourself and you'll be fine," Jen assures.

"Okay, but I'll still be nervous," I say with a small laugh.

"You're gonna be fine," They both say. Jen helps me do my makeup, she keeps it natural which I'm thankful for.

Adam's coming over in about 30 minutes, the house is now empty but they assured me that they will be in hearing range until Adam gets here. Now I'll I have to do is breathe. Adam isn't a stranger I don't need to be nervous. The doorbell rings and I take a deep breath. I open the and Adam is standing there in a black sweater and jeans.

"Hey," I say pushing through my nerves.

"Hey love can I come in?" He asks. I nod and he comes through the door leaving his shoes on the mat.

"You look beautiful," He says, causing me to blush as he gives me a kiss on the forehead. He chuckles when he sees the redness in my cheeks, then lays what he has in his hands on the counter.

"I talked to your mom, she said you loved Chicken Alfredo so, I made you my family recipe," He says showing me the baking dish full of Alfredo.

"Thank you!" I say excitedly, He plates us both a plate of food and then we go over to the couch.

"So tell me more about you," He says

"Well I like science and I love helping people,"

"Okay what about your style when did you start dressing bold?" He asks and I laugh.

"I've always dressed like that, when I was little my parents gave me freedom when it came to my style so that's what I gravitated to," I explain

"Cool, any questions for me?"

"How did you die?" I ask hesitantly

"Rose and I when we were 17 and 18, we got sick and our mother wanted to save us from dying so she met a woman who turned us,"

"Did it hurt?" I ask

"No, the only thing I remember is her telling us to drink a red drink which was her blood, then she told us to close our eyes and then it was just darkness," He explains

"Wouldn't the blood heal you?"

"We were to far gone we would have died anyway," He tells me. We ask each other questions for the next hour and we also finish eating.