seven.

for lovers who hesitate - jannabi

+++

they talked on the gray couch for what seemed like forever. completely forgetting all the people around them. they had to sit really close to understand each other because of the loud music. knees and elbows touching. Jungkook could sometimes even feel Taehyung's warm breath on his skin which caused his cheeks to be tinted with a rosy tone throughout the whole conversation.

their chatting was only interrupted when someone screamed 'only one minute 'til midnight!'. Jungkook looked at his hands in his lap. he could feel Taehyung eyeing him before he got pulled up from the couch.

"follow me."

Jungkook followed Taehyung who guided him across the room, eyes fixed on the older's back. only when they stood directly in front of the door he realized where they were going. Taehyung peeked in the room before he pulled Jungkook inside.

and here they were. the bedroom.

Jungkook knew where this was going. he had seen it in all the teenage movies and series. oh god. all of the sudden the boy got nervous and fidgety. he didn't want to do this. he wasn't ready ...a- and he wasn't gay ...

"don't worry, i'm not planning on doing anything to you. you just looked kinda uncomfortable in between all those people. i thought you might needed a pause from the mess in the living room."

Jungkook realized that he hasn't breathed in quite a long time and released the air he was holding in. Taehyung gave him a reassuring smile and walked to the bed. it stood in the right corner, close to the window that captured the entire wall, just like in the first room. there was just enough space for them to sit on the floor between the bed and window.

the older patted the place besides him and watched Jungkook as he came over and sat down as well. it was indeed a lot quieter in the bedroom. someone had turned down the music and they could hear the others counting down through the walls.

the two didn't say another word. it wasn't awkward though. Jungkook hasn't felt so comfortable with someone in a long time.

the boy watched the fireworks over the city. it looked so very pretty. how the pitch-black sky got lit up. just for a few seconds the dark turned into an ocean of colors, until they burned out. but right after, a new wave of fireworks exploded.

while Jungkook was busy watching the Fireworks, Taehyung watched him. the colors got reflected in the other's dark eyes. the older had noticed how nice Jungkook looked today. he smiled at the university sweater.

he brought his hand up the the younger's head and ruffled his inky hair.

"happy new year Jungkook."