2. A Request

"One more day to go, Arthit. Hang in there," he told himself as he crawled his way back into the room and crashed on the bed. One more day to go, and he would be through with this semester. Ugh, why was the syllabus getting so complicated and complex as the years progressed, he grumbled!

Who was he lying to? The truth was he loved studying and university life. Even more so since Kongpob came into his life. He was grousing because Kongpob was not around him to pamper him. He was alright when he woke up yesterday, but as the day progressed, he realized that Kongpob would not walk up to him to bring him his favorite drinks, or snacks, or drop by to give him his gorgeous megawatt smile to cheer him up and that's when the missing started, and his mood dampened.

He lifted his head to look in the direction of the other's room, aware that he will be greeted by stillness. He sighed deeply and closed his eyes, dejected. When did Kongpob become so important to him? How did that charmer charm his way into his heart that now even staying apart one day was hard? As he was mulling over these thoughts, his phone rang, and with a smile, he picked the call, his eyes still closed. He had set a different tune for Kongpob. It was similar to his usual ringtone, but only he knew of the subtle difference.

"Hello, Kong!"

"P'Arthit!" Kongpob gasped, his voice heavy and alarmed Arthit sat up on the bed.

"Kong! What's wrong? Why is your voice sounding like this?"

"I miss you, P'."

"Kongpob! You frightened me. Fool!" Arthit put his hand on his chest to calm himself. For those brief seconds, his heartbeat had gone up.

"P'Arthit, I miss you."

"Kongpob!" Arthit said, a bit annoyed.

"I miss you!"

"Kongpob! Stop it, will you!" A shy giggle escaped.

"I miss you!"

The intensity was different this time. Embarrassed Arthit said

"Kong! Stop."

"I miss you!" Kong said his voice sultry, and Arthit gasped.

"Kong! Stop it!"

"I miss you! I miss you so much."

Arthit could hear the sound of the waves crashing, and he closed his eyes, imagining Kongpob standing on the beach, looking at the sunset over the western horizon, witnessing the brilliant rhapsody of colors spread across the golden canvas of the sky.

"I miss you too, Kong!" Arthit rasped, and Kongpob let out a shaky sigh. They were silent as they soaked in the beauty of the moment, listening to the calming sound of the sea.

"P Arthit. I... I.."

"What is it, Kong?" Arthit asked softly.

"I have a request, P."

"Hmm?"

"P, can you give me one day?"

"Huh?"

"I know you are heading home day after tomorrow, in the morning. I will be reaching back to Bangkok by midday, so can you give me that one day."

"Kong... I don't understand."

Taking a deep breath, Kongpob continued,

"P, I am not able to get the image of that night out of my head. The image of you, the image of your face, of how you felt in my arms! The feel of your skin is still on my fingertips, P'. Do you know how expressive your face is? Every nuanced feeling is there for me to read. And that night, seeing the pleasure, the lust, the hesitation, the joy... Your bashful glances... the way you bit your lips to control your moans... I lost myself more in you. I have come undone, and I feel I will never be the same again.