1. Just A Dream

It was so murky and hazy.

He couldn't see anything. The dark turbid water made it almost impossible for him to see. He desperately was looking for the one person who he saw go under.

His heart had stopped beating as he had frantically run into the water and dived in, trying to help the one who moments ago had disappeared.

He swam around frantically, trying his best to find him.

"No! No! No! He can't disappear... No! I will find him!" these were the thought running in his head as he swam and looked around in every direction. He was tired. His feet and arms, fatiguing from the lack of oxygen. He couldn't stay down any longer. Breaking the surface, he gasped. Desperately! Taking in deep breathes, he tried to calm himself before gulping in air and diving back in to start his anxious search once again.

Finally, at a distance, he saw a shape, and he swam towards it.

"Please! Please! Please be alright! Hang in there! I am coming!"

Just as he was closing in, the floating figure started to thrash around violently in the water and reached out, asking for help.

"I am coming..." he thought as he reached his hand out to grab him. Just as their fingers touched, the person was pulled back forcefully by an unknown force and disappeared from his view.

"NOOOOOOOOO!" It was a silent scream.

"No, Kong! No!!!!!"

"Kong!" Arthit woke up screaming his boyfriend's name. He was sweating profusely and breathing hard.

Switching on the light, he reached for the water tumbler kept on the side table. Taking deep breaths, he tried to calm himself. Getting off the bed, he went into the bathroom to wash his face, hoping to control the fear, and forget the horrifying visual of seeing Kongpob drift away from him. He hated the sick feeling in the pit of his stomach, the dread that gripped his heart. His chest felt heavy, and he could feel the beginning of a headache.

Walking to the window, he peeked through the curtain to see that Kongpob's room's light was on. He knew his junior was busy working on his final project submission. Tomorrow... correction today was the last day of the year for the first-year students, and Kongpob and his friends had planned a trip to the beach for three days before heading back home for the holidays.

Arthit couldn't control the bile rising. The fear was palpable. Unable to stop himself, he grabbed his room keys and headed towards his junior's room, almost running. The security guards at both the building did not say anything seeing Arthit this late, as they knew that he was the head hazer, and if he was out and about, then it must be an emergency.

Arthit let himself into Kongpob's room, shocking Kongpob.

"Tew, hold on!" he said into the phone and put it on hold.

"P'Arthit Khap! What's wrong? Is everything alright? It's so late." His mobile showed it was 1:35 am.

Arthit was trying hard to control his fear and nervousness. Taking deep breaths, he tried his best to appear as composed and calm, as possible in front of his junior.

"I... I was...Ummm... I was not getting sleep Kongpob. So... So when I saw your lights on... I thought I should come and check... if you need help. You said you were reviewing the project before the submission tomorrow..."

Kongpob smiled, relieved.

"Thank you, P. That is very thoughtful of you. I am on a call with Tew. We are going through the final draft before we submit it. So please give me a few minutes. Then you can check the draft if you want."