Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow) (Davy, 2)

I woke up feeling very stressed out. To understand why, I have to backtrack a little, but first, I'll tell you my name, which is Heather. Now I can get to my little predicament here. Okay, so it's not so little. It's so big, in fact, that my best friend, Davy Jones, wrote a song about it, and he sings it with his band, the Monkees. The song is called “Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow).” You know what? I'll just play it for you and you'll figure out the situation I got myself in.

“Look out, here comes tomorrow,

That's when I'll have to choose.

How I wish I could borrow

Someone else's shoes.

Mary, oh what a sweet girl,

Lips like strawberry pie,

Sandra, the long hair and pig tails,

Can't make up my mind.

I see all kinds of sorrow,

Wish I only loved one.

Look out, here comes tomorrow.

Oh, how I wish tomorrow would never come.

Told them both that I loved them.

Said it and it was true.

But I can't have both of them.

Don't know what to do.

I see all kinds of sorrow,

Wish I only loved one.

Look out, here comes tomorrow.

Oh, how I wish tomorrow would never come.

Mary, I love you.

Sandra, I love you.

I see all kinds of sorrow,

Wish I only loved one.

Look out, here comes tomorrow.

Oh, how I wish tomorrow would never come.

I love you, darling, I love you.”

Of course Davy changed the pronouns, and names, but you get the idea, don't you? This is the mess I've created for myself. Davy has been so kind to me in this process. I still had no idea who to choose. Today was the day I had to choose though. I wanted to hate both of them for doing this to me, but then I thought of what I did to them and I couldn't even be remotely mad at them. If I were in their shoes I would've done the same thing.

The boys had the brilliant idea to meet in my house today for this. I insisted Davy come for moral support. There was no way I could face both Ian and Daniel by myself.

They came in the door and were both angry, or at least very irritated. Davy told them to chill out and I was immensely thankful I had insisted on his coming. The two of them sat down as Davy stood in the far corner of the room. He didn't really want to sit through this, I knew.

I actually didn't know why he came at all. I was positive he wanted nothing to do with either of these guys and he didn't want to get in the way of my love life. The truth hit me like a ton of bricks: he had come simply because I asked him to. I thought back to all the times I had asked something of him before-and how he never refused me anything.

“Aren't you going to say anything?” Daniel asked, rather impatiently.

I stopped for a moment. I definitely wasn't choosing him. He was impatient all the time with me and he didn't make things very pleasant.

“Yeah, aren't you?” Ian asked.

I wasn't choosing him either. He was rude. So, who to choose? The choice was obvious and I couldn't believe I had missed it this whole time. “I choose...Davy,” I finally said. His eyes snapped up from the floor and met mine. He was too shocked for words.

Daniel and Ian left the house, muttering things like, “You're loss,” and, “This was a total waste of my time.”

Davy and I met each other in the middle of the room. “Me?” he barely whispered.

I nodded and smiled at him. He smiled back and I gently pressed my lips against his. Perfection, I thought.