I'm A Believer (Micky)

“I thought love was only true in fairy tales,

Meant for someone else, but not for me

Ah, love was out to get me,

That's the way it seemed,

Disappointment haunted all my dreams.

Then I saw her face,

Now I'm a believer

Not a trace of doubt in my mind,

I'm in love

I'm a believer,

I couldn't leave her if I tried.

I thought love was, more or less, a giving thing,

Seems the more I gave, the less I got

What's the use in trying?

All you get is pain.

When I needed sunshine, I got rain.

Then I saw her face,

Now I'm a believer

Ah, love was out to get me,

Now that's the way it seemed,

Disappointment haunted all my dreams.

Ah, then I saw her face,

Now I'm a believer

Not a trace of doubt in my mind,

I'm in love

Oh, I'm a believer,

I couldn't leave her if I tried.

Yes, I saw her face,

Now I'm a believer

Not a trace of doubt in my mind

Said, I'm a believer

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I'm a believer,” I sang.

“Micky, that was amazing!” Mahaley exclaimed. She was my biggest fan.

“Why, thank you, my dear,” I said. I smiled to show that I cared about her opinion, that I cared about her. I politely kissed her hand. If Mike could be a perfect gentleman, then so could I, I thought. We linked arms and walked out the door to the studio.

“Hey, Mahaley, are you coming to our concert this weekend?” I asked, but I already knew the answer.

“Of course! I have front row seats, thanks to you!”

“Oh, right,” I laughed, acting like I felt foolish for asking that. I really just wanted to hear her beautiful voice.

She smiled and rolled her eyes at me.

“Your smile is beautiful, love, just like the rest of you,” I said.

She rolled her eyes again, like she didn't fully believe me. She muttered a quick “thank you,” to me.

“You're welcome, but I really wish you would believe it.”

She smiled sadly and I knew that she wouldn't believe it. Just give her some time, Mick, give her some time and she'll believe you, my subconscious told me. I could deal with that. I would love to give her some time, as long as I was with her during that time.

I pulled her into a sudden hug. I felt her stiffen and then relax. I smiled as I held her close. I could stay here for forever. I wouldn't mind and I hoped she wouldn't either. It didn't seem like she would. She sighed.

“What's wrong, love?” I asked.

“I wish you would stop calling me 'love,'” she said, “It only reminds me that I'm not your love and that I never will be.”

I frowned at her, “What makes you say that?”

“You have so many girls screaming your name. Why would you pick me? I'm just one of them, one that doesn't matter.”

“I love all my fans, you more than all the rest put together,” I reassured her.

“Really?” she asked, and, for the first time in a long while, I saw hope in her wonderful eyes.

“Yes, love,” I whispered.

She gave a small smile.

“How about this? How would you like to be announced as my girlfriend at the concert?” I grinned.

“I would absolutely love that, Micky! Do you mean it?”

“Of course I mean it,” I whispered to her. I leaned close and planted a kiss on her lips.