You Just May Be The One (Micky)

“All men must have someone,

Have someone who would never take advantage

Of a love bright as the sun,

Someone to understand them, and you just may be the one...” Mike sang.

My eyes followed Micky's every move. He played the drums in such a beautiful way. He seemed so into the song. I loved that about him. His eyes met mine and he smiled. “You just may be the one,” Micky mouthed to me.

I giggled, but quickly covered it up because I knew that they were recording this song right now.

“...All men must have someone,

Have someone who would never take for granted

All the pleasures and the fun,

Someone to stand beside them, and you just may be the one...”

“You just may be the one,” Micky mouthed again. I glared at him to get him to stop it. “What?” he mouthed, seeming innocent. I bet the audience would be all over trying to figure out why my Micky was making faces like that when he was supposed to be focusing on the music.

“Stop, Micky!” I mouthed.

“But why?”

I gave him a look that said, “Are you serious?”

He began to pout and I silently laughed. He was just being too cute.

Now came the 'screaming' part of the song, so Micky had to focus more on the music and less on me.

“...I saw you when you walked by

The love-light in your eyes,

I knew I must try...”

I laughed at Micky as he tried to continue our silent conversation while singing. He was failing, but failing epically. I pressed my lips together, trying to stop the giggles from escaping.

“...To win you more than as a friend,

I'm starting near the end,

And here I go again...”

Micky picked back up on our silent conversation now. “But why?” he repeated.

“Because you're making yourself look like a fool!” I rolled my eyes.

“So?”

“You're insane, Mick,”

“Thank you,” he grinned. I rolled my eyes again, but I had to smile. That was what he wanted anyway, me smiling.

“...All men must have someone,

Have someone who would never take advantage

Of a love bright as the sun...”

I could tell he was going to mouth, “You just may be the one,” again. I gave him a look that said, “Don't you dare!” He didn't dare, but he smiled instead.

“...Someone to stand beside them, and you just may be the one,

Someone to understand them, and you just may be the one,” Mike finished the song.

Micky came running over to me. “What was all that about?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I just wanted to get you to smile,” he said, proving that I was right all along. I just smiled and shook my head.