Special Update 2

“DESSY!”

Destine immediately stood up and opened her arms and Darren jumped with glee making her stumble a little.

“I missed you!” she said while chuckling. Darren kissed her cheek before standing up on his feet.

“You look pretty!” he said while staring at her. He then frowned that made Destine's brows furrowed.

“Oh, why the long face?”

“Twin Renren is so lucky” he said. Destine smiled, “Where is he anyway? Why is he not with you?!”

“He's already in the venue. You should've went there and be with him”

“I want to see you first!” he looked up to her, “Are you happy?”

Destine was caught off guard with his question.

“Why'd you ask?”

“Because the first time we met, you weren't. I want to know if you're happy”

How can a five year old be this mature?

“I am” she smiled widely, almost tearing up.

“I hope he'll take care of you” he said, hugging her leg.

Beth opened the door and smiled at the sight.

“They're all waiting for us, let's go now?” she asked. Destine held Darren's hand.

“Let's go see Ren?” she looked at Darren and he nodded excitingly.

“Let's go meet Twin Renren!”

***

The wedding was full of love, happiness, and tears. All of their friends were there, their highschool friends, college friends, and even their glam team. Their family is also there.

Except for Destine's dad.

Although it ached when she found out that he won't be attending, she pushed the sadness away.

“Twin Renren you look more handsome than me today!”

Some of the guests who heard Darren laughed. At first, everyone thought he's their son. Their resemblance is really uncanny.

Clarendon kneeled and fixed his little bow tie, “That's right”

“But just for today!”

Destine chuckled, “Have you eaten already? I specifically told them to cook your favorite pasta and steak”

Darren rubbed his tummy.

“I did! I'm gonna jebs later”

Destine squinted her eyes. Darren barely knows any Tagalog words, let alone, slang. She looked at Clarendon who has guilt in his eyes.

“He heard me talking to Johnny! It's not my fault!”

Clarendon, Destine, and Darren took many photos that day. When it was time for Darren to go home, Destine and Clarendon talked to his parents.

“Thank you for coming, I hope you guys enjoyed” Clarendon told Wilma and Melchor.

“We want to thank you also for letting Darren hang out with us for the whole day” Destine said.

Wilma smiled and held her hand.

“You two are his parents as well. So it's not a big deal” she smiled.

Wilma and Melchor bid their goodbyes, with a sleeping Darren on Melchor's arms. When the family left, Clarendon kissed her hair.

“Do you think he's happy for us?” she suddenly asked.

“Clarence?” he asked and Destine nodded.

“Of course he is. He got to see his parents get married, for real, this time”

Destine looked at Clarendon and pressed her lips on his.

“I love you” she said and placed her head on his chest. Clarendon hugged her tight.

“I love you so much”