51

Their three days passed by quickly. All they did was to just lie down, cuddle, cook, and basically have fun like some normal married couple.

Destine tied her hair in a bun and focused on making a tuna pie, which her husband loves. She meticulously press the loaf of bread while her favorite song is blasting on the background. She swayed her hips to the beat of the song as she prepare their brunch. It has been a very draining month for them and she wants to make it up to Clarendon. She knows how hard it must've been to take care of her. She kind of felt guilty about being so stubborn, this is the least she can do.

She was busy mixing canned tuna and mayonnaise together that she didn't notice her husband's presence behind her. Clarendon smiled as he watch her moving her hips. It felt so long since he last saw her this relaxed. Maybe their three days of doing nothing helped.

He walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist which made her jump a little.

“I told you to wait!” she said as she rolled her dish on the breadcrumbs.

“The movie already ended and I was bored” he said as he snuggled his head on her neck, “It's been a while since you cooked this” he smiled.

“Yeah, baka na-miss mo” she smiled.

“It's you who I've missed the most” he whispered. Destine blinked twice.

“Me? I'm always with you” she said, pretending to not know what he meant by that. But deep down, they he knew that she knew what he was talking about. Destine somewhat drifted away from him because she always shut people out. And he can't blame her for it, she grew up without having someone by her side to listen. But he was hoping she'll learn to depend on him sometimes.

“Ako na magpi-prito” he suggested but Destine shook. She pushed him lightly using her elbows and gave him a peck on the lips.

“Sit there, okay? Ako muna bahala. Later, ako na magd-drive papuntang shoot” she said. Clarendon raised a brow.

“But I thought we'll go separately from now on?” he asked.

Destine smiled, “I'm just tired of hiding. If we're going to get caught, edi bahala na”

Clarendon smiled widely.