Just A Dream?

Rey ran through the halls of StarKiller Base, she came to a halt suddenly as she noticed that Ben had fallen behind again. She turned to look over her shoulder to see him limping several meters behind. Whatever Phasma had done to him, she'd hurt him pretty badly.

Anger filled her, anger towards Phasma and the First Order for doing this to him... but mostly anger towards herself. If only she hadn't ran into the woods he wouldn't have been captured to begin with.

She went over to him and draped his arm over her shoulders so that she could help him walk. "I'm sorry this happened to you, it's all my fault that you're hurt."

"Rey, don't blame yourself. There was nothing that you could have done," he replied. "You shouldn't have come to get me alone, you could have been captured or killed."

"You would've done the same for me," she replied.

He nodded. "That's different."

"Why? Because I'm a girl?" she replied, a bit annoyed.

"No because I'm trained for this," he replied. "Trust me I know how strong girls can be."

"I may not be trained, but I can fight," she answered stubbornly.

He smiled. "I know you can, it's Phasma that I'm worried about. She's almost too strong for me. It's not her level of force ability, it's some of the things Snoke has taught her. Things that I didn't even know were possible."

Rey nodded. "What did she do to you?"

"Nothing," Ben replied.

Rey looked at him in disbelief.

"She tried to read my mind but I blocked her. My injuries were from the stormtroopers by the order of General Hux," he said.

"Then I know who will have to pay for it," she answered.

"Rey please don't think like that. Revenge usually hurts you more than anyone else, Uncle Luke always said that there's more to your enemy than meets the eye. Sometimes they're only the way they are because what they've gone through," he said.

Rey nodded thoughtfully, then they continued on in silence for several moments. Her mind wandered to the moment he was captured. His words repeated in her mind: "I love you."

Did he mean that he loved her as a friend or a sister?...or did he feel the same way that she did? She thought that he did, it felt like he loved her. In her dreams he had always called her "sweetheart," but he never called her that out loud. Maybe it was just a dream and nothing more.

"Ben, I have a question," she began nervously. "In the forest...?"

Her question was cut off as Han, Chewie, Finn, Poe and two girls rounded the corner.

"Rey!" Finn exclaimed, running over to hug both her and Ben.

"You came for us?" Rey asked, surprised.

"Of course, I wasn't going to leave but you're one of my best friends and you were in danger."

"Thank you, Finn," she answered.

Han then pushed his way past Finn to get to Ben. He pulled Rey and Ben into a tight hug. Han looked at Ben, noticing his injuries. "What happened to you, son?"

"It's a long story dad," he replied. "But Rey got me out."

"She's just like your mother," Han replied fondly. "I never thought that I would say that to anyone."

Ben smiled. "I know it's a big adjustment."

Han nodded. "I'm not used to being a father, so you'll have to give me some time to get the hang of it."

Ben smiled. "Well you're doing a great job so far, dad."

"Thank you, kid. Now let's get you to the Falcon so that we bandage you up and get you off of this forsaken planet before your mother sends an army to come get us," Han said.

Ben nodded, knowing that she probably would...or come to get them herself.

"What were you going to ask me, Rey?" Ben looked at her as they continued down the hall.

She smiled a little shyly, looking at the others. "I'll ask you later," she whispered.

Ben looked at her curiously.

"Let's split up," Han said. "Chewie, come with me to bring Rey and Ben to the Falcon, Finn, take Rose and Paige to look at the maintenance system and see if you can find a weakness on this thing, and while you're at it try to find the last piece of the map."

Paige and Rose nodded, then turned to leave with Finn following behind them.