Jakku

They had been walking for hours through the burning sand, with the hot sun beaming down on them. They had no water, and Finn thought he would die of thirst.

Finally, a small village came into view. It was filled with old wrecked ships, small booths and tents. The village seemed to be filled mostly with scavengers and a few unsavory characters, but Finn was relieved to see it nonetheless, as he knew that where there was a village no matter how small, there was bound to be some type of water source. Perhaps they would even be able to find a way off of this cursed planet.

As they approached the village, Finn had a new spring in his step, at the thought of water just meters ahead.

"I know the Falcon is here somewhere." Han's eyes scanned the group of old ships and run down shacks. After the bounty hunters had captured the two smugglers, they had sold the Millennium Falcon to an outpost owner on Jakku. It was a long time ago but not much had changed on the junkyard planet and Han recognized the village immediately. He just hoped that Unkar hadn't sold the Millennium Falcon by now.

As they walked into the village, Han and Chewbacca maintained a casual pace, but Finn ran ahead, his thirst taking over. He ran around the village asking for water, but the locals didn't seem very friendly, Han noticed.

Finn's eyes fell on a dirty water trough in the middle of the village that the animals drank from. It didn't look very sanitary, but his thirst left no room for him to be picky. "Water," he exclaimed and he hurried over to the trough. He reached his hands into the murky water and began scooping up handfuls of water, bringing them to his parched lips.

Han and Chewbacca exchanged glances as Finn began drinking the dirty water alongside some animals.

Han eyed the water trough distastefully. "I'll find some clean water," Han told Chewie, and he turned to walk around the village. He asked around, using his friendly nature and charming manner as he did, finally he persuaded a scavenger to give him a canteen of clean water. He had always had a way of getting people to give him what he asked for. It was a power almost equal to the Jedi mind tricks that Luke performed, but he didn't need some ancient mystic power to do it. All he needed was a charming smile and his naturally charismatic personality, treating strangers like old friends.

Han drank his fill of water, then he handed the canteen to Chewbacca, who accepted it gratefully.

Finn came over to see Chewbacca drinking the clean water. "Where did you get that?" The taste of the dirty water still lingered in his mouth.

Chewbacca laughed, passing the canteen back to Han. Han smirked and handed the canteen to Finn. "Here, kid."

Finn drank the rest of the water, down to the last drop.

"Chewie, take Finn and look around for the Falcon." Han pointed towards a large group of old ships. "I'll ask around and see if anyone knows where she is."

Chewbacca nodded and led Finn towards a junkyard filled with old ships.

Han made his way towards a small rundown building, it was an outpost of some kind. There were groups of large tables with scavengers sitting at them, eating small portions of food.

"Where did you get that food?" Han asked, he was a little hungry and he knew that Chewbacca was too. Most importantly, he knew that the best way to talk to the locals and find the location of the Falcon, was to eat with them. A simple meal usually served as the best icebreaker.

He waited for several minutes, but no one answered him. They didn't even glance in his direction, they seemed to be ignoring him all together.

"Excuse me, where did you get that food?" he asked again in a conversational tone, but still no one answered.