The Forest

Rey turned to leave the dark hall, but she stopped as she heard the voice of the young Jedi: "Rey, take the lightsaber," he said. "It's your destiny." She took a deep breath. Then she turned back to pick up the lightsaber where it lay on the floor. She clipped it to her belt then turned to run down the hall.

Rey came out of the dark corridor. She searched frantically for Ben, but he wasn't there. She could feel the fear rising inside of her. The visions returned in her mind to haunt her. No pain had ever compared to seeing him tortured. She closed her eyes and took several deep breaths to calm herself. Then she concentrated, she focused on Ben. She used their connection to find him. He was in the forest.... looking for her. She smiled as she realized that he cared about her enough to go and look for her. She sighed in relief, he wasn't hurt. But a sudden unease fell over her. Somehow she couldn't shake the feeling that he was in danger. Maybe the visions just had her on edge, but still had to find him.

She hurried out of the palace, only to see a group of First Order shuttles landing outside. She saw a group of stormtroopers go into the forest led by Phasma. Ben! He was in trouble, she had to do something. She had to save him. She ran into the forest as quickly as she could. She looked in every direction as she ran through the forest. She called out to him through the Force. "Ben!" she called in her thoughts.

"Rey?" she heard his voice reply in her mind.

"Ben, where are you?" she asked.

"Looking for you sweetheart, I wanted you to know that you're not alone," he said.

"I know," she answered.

"You do?"

"I know I'm not alone. I know that you're not going break your promise," she said. "Ben, Phasma is coming after you. You have to get out of here. I can't lose you."

"You're not going to lose me. No matter what happens, I will always be with you," he answered. "Go back to the palace and warn the others, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"No, I'm not leaving you," she answered, and she ran in the direction that she felt his presence.

Ben turned and began to walk back towards the palace, hoping that he would find Rey before the First Order did. Then he heard someone coming towards him through the trees. But it wasn't Rey. He could hear more than one set of footsteps. Phasma... she was here. He grabbed his lightsaber from his belt and ignited the bright green blade. He could see the white armored figures coming towards him.

Soon, they were upon him. But, he fought them off easily with the lightening fast strokes of his lightsaber. There were fallen stormtroopers scattered all around him as she approached. Phasma watched as the young Jedi defeated stormtrooper after stormtrooper. They seemed to have no effect on him, even though they severely outnumbered him.

She stepped forward and reached her hand out towards him. She used the Force to choke the young Jedi. He dropped his lightsaber on the ground and gripped his throat. He could feel the Force constricting around his throat.

Just as he was almost out of breath, he felt Rey's presence. He could sense her hiding in the bushes nearby.

She watched in horror as Ben was choked by Phasma. She moved to attack Phasma, hoping to save her best friend. But he sensed what she was about to do.

"Rey... don't," his voice was urgent in her mind. "You can't fight them."

"But... I can't let her hurt you," she replied to him through the Force.

"Nothing she can do to me will ever hurt me as much as losing you, Rey," he replied. "I love you."

Rey felt tears sting her eyes and they poured down her cheeks. "I love you too."

Phasma raised her hand and lifted him off of the ground. "Tell me where the map is," she demanded.

"Never," he spat.

"Then I'll pull it from your mind, Jedi scum!" she yelled releasing her hold on him.

He fell to the forest floor and collapsed on the ground, gasping for air. He sensed Rey yearning to come to him. "No," he told her through the Force. "I can't bare to see you hurt."

Phasma kicked him in the stomach and he groaned in pain. Instinctively, his knees came to his chest to protect himself from another assault. Phasma bent down and grabbed a fist full of his black hair and lifted him to his feet. She aggressively pushed him towards the large group of stormtroopers. "Take him to the ship!" she ordered.

"Ben!" Rey called through the Force. She had to cover her mouth to stop herself from crying out loud.

"I'll come back sweetheart. I promise," he told her through the Force. Then the stormtroopers aggressively led him to the ship.

Rey watched helplessly. She hadn't felt this much pain since her parents left her alone on Jakku.

 She hadn't felt this much pain since her parents left her alone on Jakku