The Lightsaber Calls

Rey made her way down the dark corridor. The strange voices urged her deeper, under the palace. Finally as she passed a door way that led to a long stone staircase, the voices grew louder. They called to her. A small part of her was terrified by the strange voices, but an even greater part of her was drawn to follow them.

When she had gone into the dark cave on Dagobah, something had awoken within her...a Force. And now that it was awake, she didn't know what to do with it. But she could feel it, calling her... guiding her.

She turned towards the dark hallway. Timidly she began to climb down the steps. She was afraid, but she couldn't turn away. It felt as if she had lost all control over her body and she was just left as a passenger.

It was the same strange feeling that had taken her as she entered the dark cave. She had promised herself never to follow these strange feelings again. The last time she had, it had only led her to loneliness and pain. But Ben had spoken of the Force to her, and she knew that she had to trust it, even if she was afraid.

The farther down the stairs she climbed, the louder the voices became. Until, at last she reached a small storage room. The voices seemed to be coming from the room. But when Rey looked inside, she couldn't find the source of the voices. Perhaps it was just her imagination, but she was sure that she had heard something.

Suddenly she noticed a small wooden chest which drew her attention. She didn't know why but she felt a strong call, urging her to look inside the chest. Without a moments hesitation, she went inside the room. She hurried over to the chest and knelt down in front of it. She moved her hands to lift the lid but stopped. She knew that she shouldn't be messing around with something that didn't belong to her, but the Force continued to urge her to look inside.Slowly, she lifted the lid to reveal an unfamiliar object. Carefully, she lifted the strange object from the chest. As she held it in her hand, she had another vision.

Rey was in a dark hall that was engulfed by a thick fog. Suddenly a terrifying red glow filled the hall. As she peered through the fog, she could just make out the form of a tall, dark figure. She immediately began to back away from the figure as quickly as she could. She turned to run, but the vision had changed.

She found herself in a dark room. She looked around to see a young Jedi Knight. He wore black leather Jedi robes. It was dark, but Rey could see his long hair which fell to his shoulders. Ben? Rey felt a sudden wave of comfort at the sight of the familiar figure.

She began running towards him. "Ben!" she called.

But as the figure turned to face her, she found that it wasn't Ben. He bore a great resemblance to her closet friend, but it wasn't him. The figure had long dirty blonde hair and a scar near his right eye.

"Rey," he said. "Take the lightsaber. Find Luke. It is your destiny...your's and Ben's."

Rey was silent, she wasn't sure how to respond.

"Don't fall to the Dark Side like I did. Snoke will tempt you and Ben to the Dark Side, but you can't fall into his trap. Alone you are no match for Snoke, but together you and Ben are stronger than him. You must always remember that."

Rey couldn't believe that she could ever be stronger than Snoke, even with Ben fighting at her side, but she found herself nodding.

"One more thing... Rey, my grandson...Ben ...he needs you. All of his life Snoke has tried to take him. If not for my son, he would be his servant now. But Luke is gone now, and it will be up to you and his parents to keep Snoke from taking him."

Rey shuttered at his words. She couldn't bear the thought of Ben being taken by Snoke.
Suddenly, the young Jedi disappeared and was replaced by a new vision.

She saw Ben fighting Snoke alone. Snoke reached out his hand and invaded young Solo's mind, filling it with darkness and taking control of him.

The scene changed again and she saw Ben dressed in black clothes. But it wasn't just his clothes that were dark, but his spirit as well. She watched through her tears as Snoke shot Force lightening at him repeatedly. He abused him both physically and emotionally. And worse yet, he used him like a puppet to carry out his own dark wishes.

Ben screamed in pain as Snoke continued to shock him with the lightening. Rey couldn't bear to see him in such pain. She tried to go to him. To step between him and Snoke, to stop his pain, even at the cost of her own pain. But she found that she couldn't move. Unable to bear it anymore, she closed her eyes and allowed her tears to spill down her cheeks.

She opened her eyes, the vision was gone, but Ben's screams still echoed in her mind.

She dropped the lightsaber, she never wanted to touch it again. She hurried to find Ben. She couldn't help but worry that Snoke was already hurting him somehow.

As she ran through the dark halls, she could feel fear gripping her heart. What if she was already too late?

 What if she was already too late?