Chapter 25: "Hello Stranger"

Start from the beginning

"Nine...let's go!" Newwie grabbed Tay by his hand and asked him to get to his back. Tay tried to argue but Newwie's strength is no match to him. I looked at Joong and despite his animosity towards me earlier and probably his hate to me I grabbed him and put him on my back before sprinting as fast as I can. I felt his hands wrapped around me very tightly. The clearing of the woods is nearing and I can already see the jeep and smiled a little bit. Luke's taste never changed in cars. Parked just outside from the road is the Hennessey Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, good thing for us coz we have in our hands the fastest SUV there is in the market. Newwie opened the driver's seat as Tay sat on the passenger one. I dropped Joong and literally pushed him inside as I followed and closed the door. I heard the engine roaring like a war is brewing and with that Newwie accelerated. He loves cars and driving and I can see him smiling from ear to ear.

"I know that there's danger in the air but I can't believe that Luke got a hand on this limited car." He said. Tay looked at him and rolled his eyes.

"I have one in my garage..." Tay said. Newwie winked at him.

"I didn't see one..." He answered.

"That's because you have never been in our underground parking" He answered. I chuckled at these two.

"Are you okay?" I asked Joong who is so quietly sitting next to me. He looked at me intently and I felt a sting in my heart at how he throws daggers through his gaze. "Joong..." I said touching his arm but he shook it off away.

"Why is Kao still alive?" He asked.

"I have no idea...but one thing is sure of...something more evil than him is behind all of these new demons rising." I answered.

"Nine... book now" Newwie said.

"Book? For what?" Tay asked.

"Your training with Aum and Xian's sibling must start now... And that is the safest place for both of you..."

"We will stay here..." Joong said. "We can protect ourselves..."

"No, you can't..." I answered and again Joong glared at me.

"You have no right to dictate what I can and cannot do..." He answered.

"Joong..." Tay said.

"It's okay Tay... He is right I have nothing to do with his own decisions. But hear me out why you need to fly out of Thailand. You both are already exposed from demons and I am sure it will take no time that the council of watchers will find out about you and US... "

"Joong and I will go..." Tay answered while Joong is glaring at him. "Let's talk about this Joong when everything is calmed down..." I nodded.

I searched for the earliest flight we can get to the Philippines. "Newwie the flight is in 2 hours...Could we make it?" he smiled.

"You bet we can... We will be there in an hour" He said. Joong is still looking by the windows avoiding me. It's almost an hour of drive when my phone rang and saw Xian's number on it.

"Is everything okay?" I asked as soon as I answered the phone.

"No one's hurt except for few broken ribs from Ben and Luke. He is stronger than a normal demon." He answered.

"Where is he? Did you..." I cannot utter the words. Even thou he is this evil creature, Kao has still a special place in my heart.

"Kill him?" I froze for a moment waiting for a confirmation. "No, we didn't" I don't know if I should be relieved by that or should be scared. "He escaped as more demons came by to his defense. The angels patrolling the area arrived as well and finished those demons but we lost Kao and we cannot find his aura. Be careful as he might be anywhere."