Chapter 5: "The beggining of us..."

Author's note:

I particularly love this chapter because of the depth of conversations the characters had. This chapter shaped the real relationship between Nine and Newwie as well. We always have that someone who we are not blood related but will always be closer to our hearts like a family. 

#Taynew #J9

___________________________________________

Newwie's POV

I got home later than I expected. Nine is waiting for me in my room when I entered. He dropped the book he is reading and smiled at me.

"I got home two hours ago. Where have you been? Did you drop by a motel and bang each other?"

"Not funny..."

"So where have you been?" He asked.

"On the way home... got stuck in the traffic.." He threw a pillow on my face.

"Liar! We took the same route! You even left earlier..."

"Okay okay!" I sat next to him and took a deep breath. "I don't know what's happening..."

Nine hugged me and rest his chin on my shoulders "Coz it's your first time feeling something for someone this real..."

"You think so?" Nine might be very free spirited but he is a very genuine friend. Sometimes I think he knows me better than myself.

"I saw you two tonight. You move fluidly like a stream of water following each other's course. Only few people do that.... People who have the same heartbeat." I patted his head.

"He kissed me before dinner...in his car." Nine giggled and held my both hands.

"Details... How did it happen? Was he that good?" He said excitedly and giggling.

"He just grabbed me and kissed me..." I smiled at thinking about that kiss.

"With tongue?"

"Hey Nine!" I said feeling embarrassed.

"Oh the mother freaking goose! He gave you the tongue kiss! No wonder why you have been acting girly shy the entire dinner..." I throw the pillow on his face this time.

"I did not act girly..." He teasingly smiled at me.

"Yes, you did. So, where did you go after?"

"He took me out for a coffee near the river..." He stared at me waiting for more details. "and we just talked..."

"Wanna grab some coffee?" Tay asked. I nodded still feeling shy. He drove out the mall. We sat silent in the car for a couple of minutes, not knowing what to do. "New, Did I offend you with the kiss?"

I shook my head coz I can't still find my voice. I'm still processing everything that is happening. I felt like everything happened too fast and I can't catch with all the emotions I'm feeling. He held my hands while he's driving, it became his habit this past few hours to hold my hand. We arrived in a coffee shop near the river. It's really a very beautiful and serene place. The shop overlooks the magnificent Chao Praya River.