"I-I'm not short. I'm 6'2". You're way shorter than me"

"I'm not way shorter than you. Maybe somewhat short here but I wear heels outside which make me look much taller, nearly as tall as you "

"Yeah but still short"

"Really? You think you're so tall and manly? Well I prefer a man who is at least near 6'5". And I just got to know recently that your uncle's son, Chris Anderson, seems to have my ideal height" I said as a joke.

But I knew I had chosen the wrong set of words as Marcus's face contorted into an anger I had never seen before.

He pointed his index finger at me and started yelling. "Really? Then go and date him. I don't care. You are not my type either. I like short women who I can cradle and protect. I like women who are not rich so I can show her my world and buy her anything she can't buy for herself. I like women who listen to me and not defy me whenever she gets a chance. "

His words hurt me more than I thought it could. He said I was everything he didn't like and that made me lose all the confidence in everything I lived up to.

Soon Marcus's face fell in remorse as he saw the tears brim in my eyes.

He hesitantly walked towards me and stretched his hand to wipe away the tears but I pushed him away and ran out of the room and into the hallway.

I heard him calling out my name and his footsteps running behind me, but I was too fast. I turned around the corner and jogged down the stairs in a hurry. I didn't know where I was going but I knew that I wanted to get away from here.

All these time I was struggling with the idea of confessing to him. And after I did I thought everything would be fine. But now I question myself, did I force him to say those three words? Did I force him to love me even though I was never his choice?

I didn't know why I was feeling this way. Maybe because this was the first time I ever loved a man. Maybe because I feel I was not enough for him.

I got to the lobby and ran to reach the entrance but two strong arms pulled me back and my back hit a hard chest. Marcus buried his face in my neck, panting heavily to catch his breath.

"Camilla I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that and it wasn't true"

I turned to him and his face was filled with remorse and regret. "I just hate Chris to the core and it pissed me off when you said he's your ideal because I know you both went to the same college. So I thought you liked him back then and regret the choice of getting married to me-" He hesitated and glanced at me with sad eyes. "I'm sorry"

He face fell seeing my teary eyes and he gave a kiss on my forehead.

"Camilla you're the best thing that has ever happened in my life and I couldn't ask for more. I didn't know why I said it. I was just so angry that I couldn't be the man you hoped for"

I sighed and wrapped my arms around his torso. "Marcus don't say that. You're everything I could ever wish for. Chris can go to hell. I don't even know him properly. Just that he's the college man whore"

Suddenly Marcus snorted like a pig and my face brightend. I let out a soft laugh and pecked his cheek. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have joked either"

"It's okay" He gave a heart whelming smile and cupped my face in his hands "I think we both are new to the idea of being in love that we have so many insecurities"

"I couldn't agree more. We suck at this aren't we?" I chuckled and Marcus gave a lop sided grin.

He leaned his forehead on mine and whispered softly. "Now stop crying. I don't like when you cry"