06 | wolfsbane

It has been a few days and Holly has yet to feel the connection

It has been a few days and Holly has yet to feel the connection. Sure, she always blushes when I'm near or whenever I reach out to touch her, but there isn't the special connection you'd get when you truly love someone, the connection you automatically get with your mate. 

It was obvious that she couldn't feel it between us, she didn't love me. That kills my wolf every time I lay my eyes on her.

Plus, the wolfsbane hasn't left her veins which is quite odd. Usually, the wolfsbane leaves your body after four hours, but my men had used such a improved and heavy amount of the poison-- since we automatically assumed that the Alpha's daughter would be incredibly hard to capture, given she has Alpha blood within her-- that it stays in your veins for a week. 

Yes, it's a intense increase, but not only is wolfsbane hard to find, but when used it is mainly used on the Weres that have lost themselves due to either their mate's death or something just as, or almost as heart-breaking. 

Excluding torture. Similar torture that I've seen my father provide when he used to be Alpha. 

It is known for Weres to go insane after losing their mate, especially if it was murder which most of the time it is. Especially in these past few years.

I looked at Holly, who was sleeping innocently on the bed that I was gracious enough not to sleep in as well. I moved her to my bedroom after finding out she was my mate, I wouldn't dare leaving her in that rusty mess, she deserves the best but I don't want to overwhelm her. 

Well, not yet anyways. 

It has been a tough few years for Weres. For the last few years, Rogue sights were incredibly common, no matter what pack you were or how strong you were. And the amount of rogue attacks, especially on Alpha's and their mates, increased very largely. None of us Weres even know nor understand why it all started, or why it started to die down now.

Ever since the last attack of rogues in the middle of last year it all died down, the rogues sights were getting smaller and smaller but they were still there. We all are just waiting for it all to start again, which is why the training in packs have increased drastically. We all want to be ready for the next attack, we never know which pack will suffer.

But as cocky as it sounds, my pack won't be the one that suffers if any rogue pack tries to attack. 

But right now, the rogue pack isn't the problem. 

My mate's is.

It is awful how Holly has no idea what is happening in her pack, even before I ever made a move to kidnap her. 

By kidnapping her, she must think that I'm in the wrong, that I'm the one starting it all when it was all started behind her back, by her own family. Was she too fragile to handle what they did?