19 | don't test me

Instead of hiding back in Theo's room after another failed attempt at sneaking around the house, Theo took me to his office which was found on the same floor as his bedroom. 

Theo insisted that we had much more to talk about and he would rather do it in his office than his own bedroom. 

Walking into his office, I was astonished at how large it was. Yes, I've seen Alpha offices before-- my father being Alpha had one  that I saw may times before. Instead of sitting at the front of his desk, Theo pulled up two seats at the end of desk. He gestured me to sit down next to him. 

"So..." I trailed off, wanting him to begin the conversation. I had so many questions to ask him, but I didn't know where to start.

I seemed I had be lied to all my life and the only person willing to tell me the truth was Theo. 

He cleared his throat before he spoke; "I know you have a lot of questions--"

"True." He raised an eyebrow towards me as I unnecessarily interrupted him. I sheepishly smiled before gesturing him to continue. Before continuing, a small smile crept on his face sending my wolf in complete bliss. 

I was beautiful seeing him smile, I rarely did. I mean it was only recently did I found that he was truly my mate-- after being weary of him when I couldn't feel like bond myself. So I suppose part of the reason I never saw him smile was my fault, I never gave him a reason to. 

"I will answer whatever questions you have." I looked down to my knees, and with the position we were sitting our knees were almost colliding with each other but there was still distance. 

"Why did you kidnap me?" I knew he had already answered this question before, but I never got the extent of why.

"I told you, because your pack kidnapped my brother." 

"Yes, but what were you going to do with me? How was it going to help your brother?" I looked up to see Theo looking directly in my eyes, the emotion within was unknown to me and it angered my wolf slightly to know that we were yet to know what he was thinking and to know what he felt because we had not gone anywhere further with the mate bond. 

"And who's fault is that?" My wolf piped up, I could imagine her snarling and baring her teeth at me for keeping her so locked off from her mate, especially since he was yet to see her.

Before answering my question, Theo looked down at his knees as he took a deep breath. "We planned to torture you." My heart squeezed. 

"What?" 

He looked back up, a frown deeply nestled on his face. "We planned to kidnap and torture you before information. And if you didn't have any information or refused to give up any information then we would have threatened your pack. Adrian's life for yours." Every word that he was saying was going straight to my head. 

Being so close to him and seeing him at his weakest didn't make me forget that he was a known monster and that he had done terrible things, but I had forgotten the extent of it. The man that was crying in my lap only hours prior to this had planned to torture someone to get what he wanted? 

"Oh--" I thought he was done, but it seemed that he was only getting started. 

"We didn't plan to kidnap him daughter," He backtracked, scanning my face of any emotion but I made sure to block anything from being seen on my face. I didn't want him to read me like a book when I couldn't do the same to him, I had no idea how he felt at the moment. 

"We planned to kidnap the first wolf we saw, it was only luck that it happened to be the Alpha's daughter." Theo paused for a moment, his bottom lip falling between his teeth as he leaned back in his chair.