07 | failed attempt

He's handsome, of course, but he's the Alpha of my rival pack

He's handsome, of course, but he's the Alpha of my rival pack. Sure, he keeps insisting that I'm his mate but I don't feel it. 

Why? Because of him and his stupid pack, pathetic. And that is what makes it harder.

His pack was been rivals with mine for over twenty years-- only pausing the rivalry during the rogue attack on my pack that happened when my parents were my age.

Sadly the feud never ended as everyone suspected, it was on hold. It isn't now, obviously.

In all honesty, I'm afraid of falling for Theo. 

He's the Alpha, and he hates my pack so 'meeting the fam' is out of the picture. And for only speaking to him a handful of times, all he seems to do is lie.

The bullshit he said about my pack the other day was all lies, hence the 'bullshit', and he also said that the wolfsbane would be fading any day now but I feel more and more worn out every day. Like the wolfsbane was staying fresh.

Suddenly, loud footsteps climbed up the stairs and I instantly knew it was Theo, he was never out of the room long, and when he was he'd lock the door. I haven't seen him all day. I just woke up and he wasn't on the couch like he usually is-- yes he has a couch is his room.

And even though I can't feel the mate pull yet, when I saw that he wasn't in the room when I woke up feeling slightly lost and I was actually quite upset.

But don't tell him, knowing Alphas, he'll get big-headed, thinking that I want him or something. 

Yeah right.

Theo walked through the door, his face hardened however when he saw me, it quickly softened. He sighed before sitting on the couch, the furthest seat from the bed.

It was silent, he hadn't spoken a word.

"When am I allowed to go home?" I asked, fiddling with the bed sheets. Theo looked up from his lap instantly, his eyes filled with disbelief. He looked like I just stole his last cookie, spat it out then asked for a cookie.

"You're joking, right?" He raised his eyebrows at me as I shook my head no. Why would I joke about going home? Strong and stupid, how cliche. "Lets just say 'not anytime soon'." Theo rolled his eyes at me, before standing up and walking out the room.

What the fuck?

He just came in, and now he went out.

What the fuck?

I laid back on the bed harshly, my head nearly smashing in to the headboard, and huffed.

"Stupid, overgrown Alpha." I growled. This room was incredibly boring and dull but I never actually looked around.

I sat up from the bed, looking around the room. The room was barely filled but the desk was filled with paperwork that I decided not to mess with.