As the World Turns (A new Start)

(Chelsey's Point of view)

"Holy crap babe that was crazy." I said, looking back at the crowd of people.

"Yeah, I know, so we're going to be hiring more security at the house and when we go out." Marshall informed me, I didn't think about it until now, but it sounds like the best and safest thing to do.

When we pulled up to the house, luckily, it wasn't as crazy. There were two cars out front, which we managed to avoid easily before opening the gate to our house. When we got into the house, Marshall helped me out of the car before walking around to grab Ronnie. I slowly started walking, placing my hand on the car for support, I was still in a lot of pain, and it hurt to do just about anything. Marshall walked over to me with the car seat in one hand and put his arm out of me to hold for support. We got inside and right away I went and tried to sit on the couch but oh my gosh, was it painful.

"You good babe?" Marshall asked, taking Ronnie out of the carseat.

"Yes and no, I'm really, really sore, babe." I told him.

"Yeah, I mean, you kinda went through a lot." He said

"All I know is that I'm just lucky to have you here to help me." I smiled before Marshall joined me on the couch.

We invited some of our closest friends over the day after we got home from the hospital I even invited my parents over , Heidi showed up and of course all of Marshall's friends came over too, I was sitting in the nursery feeding Ronnie as Marshall offered to tidy up a little before everyone got here. Once people started arriving we all relaxed in the living room and everyone took turns holding Ronnie. My parents finally showed up and Marshall got up and answered the door, they smiled and greeted each other at the door before he walked them into the living room. We introduced my parents to everyone, they already knew Heidi but didn't know any of Marshall's friends, heck they only met Marshall once.

After a bit of talking and aweing over the new addition we suggested we all go outside and hang out by the pool area,

Marshall's Point of view

I thought grilling out would be a good idea everyone could hang out, swim, eat and just talk. I knew had to talk to her parents at some point, I had only met them once back when we first started dating. They had their own opinions about me and I didn't give a shit, but now that we had a child together I thought that it was time to at least try to get along with my in laws. Everyone was making their way outside when,

"Yo, Mike Can I talk to you?" I asked her dad, just hoping everything goes well, he stayed behind while everyone else went out back.

"Go ahead." He said getting resituated.

"Look, I know you don't really know me and I know you got your own opinions of me and that's fine, but whether we like it or not were in eachothers lives. Your my father-in-law, and a grandpa to our son, I love your daughter I love her with everythin' in my heart she is my entire world. I wanna give her the best, I want her to have whatever she wants or needs I don't care if it's support, love, money, anythin'. I don't know why we've never really talked about it, I'm never goin' to be the man you wanted your daughter to marry, but I love her and I'm in love with her!" I explained.

"I appreciate you coming to me, I really do. I have a issue of her and my grandsons safety, and yours being my son-in-law." He explained to me, which I could understand completely.

"I can respect that, we have security and bodyguards around us at all times, me and my manager were actually talking yesterday about hiring more security and stuff not only for the house and myself but for Chelsey and Ronnie I can take care of her n' protect her. I fell in love with her for her personality, for who she is. She seriously has been my rock we have a baby together, we're married, happy. Nothin' is gonna change the way I feel about her." I explained.

"Thank you for talking to me about all of this. I may have had my doubts about you but it means a lot that you came to talk to me, and just know it did change my opinion of you in a positive way. " Her dad grinded, we both stood up and started walking out back. I open the sliding door when I hear

"But he loves it you know? I just want him to be happy and I support him." Chelsey was talking to her mom off to the side still holding onto Ronnie.

"Are you happy?" Asked her mom

"Of course I'm happy, as cliche as it sounds but I didn't fall in love with Eminem or Slim Shady I fell in love with Marshall I love him as a person, I love what's in his heart not all the material things on top of it, I'm extremely happy and I'm in love with him." Chelsey smiled, before I walked up like I hadn't been slightly listening in.

"Hey babe, do you want me to take him?" I asked walking up to Chelsey smirking.

"Sure, babe." She holds out her arms and waits for me to take him,

"You good over here?" I asked, glancing back and forth between Chelsey and her mother,

"Yeah, everything is good. What about you? I saw you and my dad stayed back for a while." Chelsey asked

"Yeah, we just had some guy talk nothin' crazy." I smirked, slowly bouncing Ronnie.

"Good?" She asked

"Yeah, everythin' is good."

After a little bit I went and laid Ronnie in the bassinet we had set up in the living room, and brought out a baby monitor and rejoined everyone. I grilled out and everyone sat around the patio tables and ate, and a short time after that I stood up and tried to get everyone's attention, everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to face me,

"So I have something really important I just have to get off my chest-" I started

- "Chelsey's pregnant." someone yelled, joking

"Ha no, definitely not but babe I do have a surprise for you, I told you in the beginning of our relationship that I would do anything to give you the best life possible because that's what you deserve. Well babe, I bought us a house." I announced, some gasped, some cheered. I walked right over to Chelsey,

"Babe, did you really?" She asked with a tiny smirk on her face.

"I did, babe!" I smirked back.

"But-" She started

"I wanted a fresh start with you and our son, plus the new house has a gated entrance, it's own security system already installed a security station near the gate, a huge yard, multi car garage, and anything else we could ever have hoped for."