Who Knew (Discreet)

Over the next new months 

Marshall and I have been trying to plan our wedding but we knew that we wanted something simple and not too over the top. With him working all the time I was the one coming up with most of the important decisions, which was hard because I wanted this wedding to be about us not just things that I wanted.

I knew that we had to incorporate light blue in the wedding because it was Marshall's favorite color. He came home late from the studio like he usually did, but tonight was different he threw his jacket over the couch with greater force than necessary causing it to knock over some pictures we had on the side table, he was upset.

"Babe what's wrong?" I asked getting up from the dining room table where I had a bunch of ideas for the wedding sprawled out.

"Nothin'" Marshall replied aggressively taking off his shoes, when he was finished I was already walking towards him.

"Babe tell me, please." I begged as I placed both hands on either side of his muscular biceps, he just looked down away from me and heavily sighed. 

"So we heard from Interscope Records that my sales have been severely decreasing." Marshall started,

"What why? You just released the Slim Shady LP so how is that even possible? It sold like 280,000 copies in the first week alone, you're in the number 2 spot on the Billboard charts." I reminded him.

"Yeah I know, but I just found some pretty serious shit out," Marshall told me as he began to walk and sat down on the couch, while I sat beside him, I ran my hand up and down his back trying to comfort him.

"I found out that part of the reason that the record companies think sales are declining is the fact that we got engaged especially so publicly. I was this upcoming rap star bad boy bachelor, n' now I'm about to be 'tied down' I talked to the company about it and they think we need to do something drastic." Marshall told me

"Like? Do they want us to break up or something?!" I asked sort of curiously but yet worried, not knowing what exactly to expect.

"Well sort of, I'm not going to lose you again so I was talkin to Paul and we came up with a plan. What if we still go on with this wedding but it has to be discreet, like no one besides the people we trust most knows about this?   N' we have to play it off to the media that we're calling it off.  They said that we could try it n' see how sales go from there." Marshall explained to me, I had to admit I was curious about how this would go. But then again we live in Michigan, it's not like LA or other places in California or New York where paparazzi are everywhere. We like staying in Michigan because there's not people running after you wherever we go.

"So we're still going to get married but no one can find out about it and we have to make the media think we're broken up?" I confirmed, trying to make sure I had the plan right.

"Yeah." Marshall sat and looked at me puzzled waiting for me to reply.

"Ok, but how are we supposed to hide this from the media?" I asked confused wanting to make sure this plan was clear.

"We just have to try the best we can."Marshall placed his hand on my knee, I grabbed his hand in mine and slightly squeezed it. 

"Baby nothin' is going to change my mind about marrying you, we're still gonna be together n' do the whole happily ever after shit ok?" Marshall smiled at the end I knew that was his nice but sarcastic way of putting it.

"I love you Marshall." Rolling my eyes playfully.

"I love you too Chels."  Marshall smirked. 

"Ok well, can I show you what I have so far for the wedding?" I asked standing up, Marshall got up soon after I did and grabbed my hand.